ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone/iPad accessory must haves?

Since there is a questions and must have applications thread, what are your must have accessories to go with the iPhone?

Mine will hopefully be here next week, subject to Natwest getting their arse in gear and sending me a new card to use with paypal!

Already looking at buying a docking station, case and some sort of speaker dock.

What have you bought?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Re: iPhone accessory must haves?

touch cricket

YOu got one now boyo?

Go cry to your momma!

Incipio Feather case - in green preferably.

Also a back up battery is useful to carry around, I use a ted baker one.

Yeah thought that a battery might be a good idea. Do the cases come off? Never seen that happen!?!

Hyundai i40

ive got 2x usb cables (one at work and one at home) and a car charger....you will need it JD

batteries are awful

Ebay for spare USB, £3.50 delivered ish for a genuine one is a must as said.

I would role with a case, you buy it for looks, why hide it.

I have a ZAGG all over clear case = AWESOME!

Have an old but very high caliber Alpine unit, 9855r with iPod lead. So hoping that will work. If not I'll just buy an X001/2/3/100 or what ever.

330Ci Clubsport

swap the HU for sure the control on the X series ones is brilliant. Ive the X305. great unit.

the older ipod leads wont charge a 3G iphone either. you can buy little adapters for £30 odds but Id rather just have a nice new unit.

A4 Avant

Can anyone recommend a solid case. Don't want to damage it in my bag on the way to work.

Yeha I might well just do that, easier! Although I have an old iPod mini that sits in the car getting scratched that is just fine for now!

Nigel, the ebay link above is a solid case, not for me (tend to keep phones in better condition than my car!) but worth a look over if you want a solid case.

330Ci Clubsport

well its not *that* solid. its like a really stiff rubber so still some twist etc in it when no phone installed. so hopefully stop any drops from killing it. Doesnt cover the screen tho.

Go cry to your momma!

Yeah thought that a battery might be a good idea. Do the cases come off? Never seen that happen!?!

The incipio does, the zagg is fubar'd once you remove it and tends to get crud under all of the corners...it is the best looking case though!
They're good if you don't mind sending off for warranty replacements once a month haha..

The incipio is as excellent fit and is really thin, you can't really tell it's there...i have a white and a green on now, more than happy with them :)

Sorry, meant the casing of the iPhone, never used one properly with my own simcard, don't even know how/where to put the simcard in lol!!!

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi

I have an OSIR carbon case. Looks the tits and protects the rear clam. Expensive for what it is though

I have an OSIR carbon case. Looks the tits and protects the rear clam. Expensive for what it is though

3659327841_f0c0143b98.jpg

Stunning! Cost?

ooft, expensivo! Although I am going to the US in October, purchase perhaps!

Agree with the Incipio Feather Lite case suggestion.

However you'll also want a screen protector, although a pain to get right first time unless done in a science laboratory!

Yeha thinking about both really lad. Any more for any more? Anyone got speakers etc?

Hyundai i40

Yeha thinking about both really lad. Any more for any more? Anyone got speakers etc?

ive got an alarm clock dock at home thats pretty cool

speakers seem quiet decent on them. will find out the make etc if you wanna

also can connect computer up to it too which is summit ive always wanted as i currently have pretty old cd player in my room

Yeah that's the sort of thing that I want, like an all in one CD, Radio, aux out for the iPhone dock and computer. Any ideas?

I've not yet bothered with a screen protector. In my experience they are pretty resistant to scratches. The rest of the phone though gets marked and buffed just by looking at it. The original iPhone was far more robust.

Hyundai i40

Yeah that's the sort of thing that I want, like an all in one CD, Radio, aux out for the iPhone dock and computer. Any ideas?

if you go ur local hmv/comet etc theres loads of them sort of things there and then you should be able to source them online cheaper

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Tescos were doing decent sony ones for £50 the other day

Go cry to your momma!

Agree with the Incipio Feather Lite case suggestion.

However you'll also want a screen protector, although a pain to get right first time unless done in a science laboratory!

You get two thrown in with the feather which are pretty good :)
Better than the Zagg effort anyway.

That carbon case is gorgeous but too much $$$

RB FF 182

2 x USB Leads [Work and Home]
Alpine Compatatable HU... would be better if mine charged the phone
Logitec docks are great for the money
Invisidhield is good... but fiddly to put on and absorbs the dye from your clothes...

dk

911 GTS Cab

iSkin Solo. Done.
after your recommendation i have gone for an FX in green, nice case, didn't bother with the screen protector though as its mirrired and the screen looks weird through it.

case is good though

Daniel that has to be the gayest thing I have seen in a long time!

Tom, cheers for the link, pretty sure I will need one of those as well.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

I have an incase case, screen protector and 3 chargers - for downstairs, upstairs and work van/away bag :eek:

Hyundai i40

lol I love how everyone has mutliple chargers with the iphone...never did i have this trouble with the berry

still iphone pwns the berry