ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone home button interesting problem!

GW RS200
Hey all! My iPhone home button has stopped working. I think it might be a software problem as it has a good click to it still. The thing is I can't hard reset the bloody thing as I would need to use the button to do it!! Can anyone think of a way around this?! (A normal on/off is not curing it)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Why would it be removed? Simply get it moved to iPhone forum lol.

I had my first gen iPhone in bits at the weekend to try and repair broken glass.. Every time one thing started working (cables, soldering, etc) something else broke or went wrong. Last thing that happened was the home button - The cable broke. Useless now without a new cable but just given up on it lol.

Anyway... to the point - it could be a cable has been pinched or simply damaged?

GW RS200
Why would it be removed? Simply get it moved to iPhone forum lol.

I had my first gen iPhone in bits at the weekend to try and repair broken glass.. Every time one thing started working (cables, soldering, etc) something else broke or went wrong. Last thing that happened was the home button - The cable broke. Useless now without a new cable but just given up on it lol.

Anyway... to the point - it could be a cable has been pinched or simply damaged?

I was under the impression talk of unlocking/jailbreaking wasnt allowed? :-S Anyway thanks for the idea - but it hasnt taken as much as a knock, so I doubt the cable is the fault, sadly. Ive got another iPhone knocking around that's water damaged too- I need to do a battery swap later to see if it fixes it. They are a bugger to get open though!