ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone dilema

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
i have been thinkin about gettin one for a while now...dnt want 2 wait but i no if i do..im sure they will be better tariffs and the iphone itself will drop in price and also better versions will come out.
also i was wondering with th internet access..the tariff says u get unlimited internet access..do you have to be in a hot spot 2 get this or can u get onto the internet of your iphone anywhere??
also is there any similar/better phones and tariffs like this one. tariff i would choose would be the 35quid a month. idea of the internet really is what is making it appeal to me!
cheers for your help
also is there lots of good applications you can download e.g one you can view all videos and not jut youtube etc

(notice how ive typed correctly so noone can have a go now!)

RB 182
They have just upgraded the price plans so now is quite a good time, only thing now is if they upgrade the one but they've only just done that to 16Gb.

The unlimited data is not just wireless as far as I'm aware.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
the unlimited data (which isnt unlimited) applies to connections made through o2 as well as wifi hotspots

Audi TT 225
Yea the data is for GPRS/edge and wifi. On my iPhone atm as I'm at work and I love it. The £35 tariff has gone from 200 texts / 200 mins to 600 mins / 500 texts. Can't see them improving on this anytime soon tbh. You mentioned 3rd party apps, if you jail break your iPhone you won't be able to use GPRS/edge.

Citroen DS3 DSport
the unlimited data (which isnt unlimited) applies to connections made through o2 as well as wifi hotspots

On the iPhone it is unlimited, o2 confirmed this at launch to stop all the bad press.

GPRS/Edge both work on a jailbroken phone, they are working perfectly on mine.

Audi TT 225
Posted my last message before reading the other thread. I take back what I said as it appears I didn't copy some settings over ssh I'd something.

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
thanks for your replys..
just wondering i have heard alot of people talkin about jailbreakin there iphone but i hav no idea what they mean by this?!?!

Audi TT 225
Jaibreak allows you to install 3rd party apps. You can jailbreak with or without unlocking it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Internet through wifi is completely free, its like using your laptop on a wifi connection.

The data allowance is 200/250MB a month. Although they wont cut you off or charge you for using more if you consistantly use more you will prob just get a few letters saying to lower your usage to be fair to others.

The new tariffs started at the beginning of feb and current contracts will be upgraged this month. £35 for 600m 500t, £45 for 1200m 500t and I think the last one is £75 for 3000m 500t (not entirely sure about this one - all info on o2 website though).

£269 for 8gb, £329 for 16gb (if its out yet). I heard someone say a new iphone in may, no idea about it tho, never asked cos I wouldn't get one tbh so maybe search around the internet for that.

The data allowance was scrapped for iPhone customers on o2.

"kind of"
It was made "Unlimited" with a fair use policy of 200MB..

It's just clever use of words.

"We are removing the speed limit on motorways, but anyone travelling over 70mph will get stopped" sort of thing ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the other o2 tariffs remain at 200mb. I think the P2P exclusions were listed on all other tariffs too.

iPhone T&C

Your O2 tariff for iPhone allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge / GPRS networks and The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use, email and Visual Voicemail (VVM) on your iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.