ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone dash dock project

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
Hi guys. Thought I would share my little project as it's a simple thing to do if anyone wanted to do it.

So I wanted somewhere to put my phone to use as a satnav and also have the connectivity to play my music through the head unit. I bought a £9 dock off eBay and bolted it through the top dash pocket. Simple as that pretty much. Obviously taking the dash top off is needed.

I then ran the lead out near the stereo. It was doing my head in just plugging the phone in and having it loose in the storage tray near the gear stick.

Let me know what you think!

FD9CE7FC-B123-4353-8A8D-1DEEDD35E0C4_zps4uub5xpv.jpg

FDA59EC1-B88E-4FF9-A170-FB770E31C100_zpse0b13tno.jpg

B32C7AEC-543C-4C37-91A9-4D5266E3170C_zps7lipsflo.jpg

F3E4ED9E-B800-441D-BBD0-6597A8B426FF_zpsybj7pcvv.jpg

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
I thought about that but I had this one lying around spare and it does the job. Would be better though.

RS200 & PH2 172
Am just looking for the lead for my discovery to do something similar, is the phone quite secure even when ya going over bumps? I have a fear that the little lightening connector that holds it in place might snap with my driving lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd find it annoying that it wasn't tilted towards me if I was going to be using sat-nav on it... personally I go for Brodit every time. Still, well done for being different and getting your hands dirty!