ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Compatible Head-unit That Also Charges?

Clio Dci 86
Ideally I'm looking for a head-unit that can be controlled from the existing stalk and that I can connect my iPhone into to play music but that will also charge my iPhone at the same time not just use up its power.

​Not worried about price, any suggestions?

ITB BG 182
I've got this Alpine CDA-117ri, which I'm very impressed with.

I've got full stalk control and the dash display works too, but getting hold of the adapter to make all that happen isn't easy.
Downside of Alpine is all their stalk controls are digital and cost around £100 each just for the cable, you can get a connects2 cable but they are not guaranteed to work, the first or even the fifth one might work...

ITB BG 182

Theres not much wrong with that, just done a quick scan on the net and people are complaining about the iphone dock breaking an either not coming out or going back in the HU.
Also it has 2 RCA Pre-out (2.5V each) which means either front speakers and a sub or just speakers an no sub, 2.5V is average connection where as a higher 4V would have a strong output signal to the amp and meaning better quality to the speakers, given the RCA cables are quality and not CarAudioCentre crap.