ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Camera

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Is it just me or is hard to get a good photo using the iphone camera??.ive just got the new SE and thought the camera would be much better.but still cant seem to get that great photo!.keep taking photos of my 172 just not been really impressed yet

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm the opposite, I think it's fantastic, but some pictures people post I wonder how they get them so bad.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've got a 6S and I think the camera is very good. Especially the 4K video recording

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Put up some examples ?!

9/10ths of a picture is the person taking it tbh.

Composition and subject matter... having a £10k SLR doesn't mean you're going to miraculously take amazing photos :smile:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that is true mate,think its me as had the brightness on my screen to low so looked all dark!.what a wally haha!.i'lll post couple of pics see what you think tho.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These were taken without the HDR & Live mode on.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Lighting plays a huge part in the iPhone sensor, when its bright and sunny the pictures are crisp and clear but when its cloudy or dimly lit then they just get so noisy and poor quality.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im not to sure myself mate,ive just had a quick read & it doesn't change the quality,just adds 3sec video with it i think or something like that,correct me if im wrong.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Zoom is a bit of a gimmick on phones. It's just digital zoom, which is the exact same as just taking a normal picture and then cropping it. Hence it ends up looking like that.

Best bet is just walking closer.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
HDR is hit and miss.

Do you manually focus/expose on it? I've had some alright pictures off an iPhone.

Get art studio for editing too. It's like photoshop but on iOS

The detail and sharpness/depth of field can be epic when conditions are right.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpg135_zpsubnvz49g.jpg

But as soon as the light goes;
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg135_zpsubnvz49g.jpg
    image.jpg135_zpsubnvz49g.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 34