ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone back up situation....

An orange one
Ok here's the situ, I've always backed up to my laptop, it's an old girl now, windows XP, getting low on memory and a bit unstable, but I NEVER use it now, it's only sole purpose is to back up my iPhone.

Was thinking of changing my 5S to a 6 as it's becoming very temperamental lately, but went on this morning to back up, computer was saying that I needed the newest version of iTunes to do it, so downloaded that, and now it's saying I need windows 7 or newer to run the new iTunes!!

I'm sure if I try to put windows 7 or newer on the old thing it'll brick itsself and I'll lose everything... Short of buying a new laptop and the hassle of transporting all my iTunes onto that (not as easy as id thought apparently) or paying for massive amount of cloud storage and no ultra fast broadband here.. What are my options?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Buy iPhone 6

Go friends house (who has good internet) with few beers.

Turn on iCloud backup on 5s, back up.

Wait until done

Turn on iPhone 6, download backup from iCloud.

Wait, check it works and is ok.

Reset iPhone 5s to factory settings.

Go Home.

Oh and if there is not enough storage on iCloud, just upgrade it for one month, costs 0.79p for 50GB

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh and if you have iCloud back up on constantly, it only backs up if you add to it. So say you take 10 pictures it will only need to add 10 pics to the existing back up. So unless your internet really is super slow, should be fine.