ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone appears fubared..

Right, basically...

I took my iPhone 4 out of my pocket earlier today and it wouldn't unlock or respond in any way. Connected it to my laptop and the phone shows the Apple logo for about 20 seconds, vibrates, then switches off. Then it starts that cycle again. Computer can't see it, nor can iTunes. Same story if I plug it into the wall.

I refuse to pay Apple £25 just to speak to someone online about it, nor do I want to travel to my nearest Apple store on the off chance they might know something. Anyone have any suggestions?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Whenever i've phoned them they have been more that helpful.

But thats for a macbook though.

Plug the USB into the phone, but not in the computer, hold down the iPhone home button then plug the USB into your computer, itunes should start and you can recover it.

Plug the USB into the phone, but not in the computer, hold down the iPhone home button then plug the USB into your computer, itunes should start and you can recover it.

You just might be onto something there. Currently trying to download the firmware to do a factory reset but seems to be taking an age. Thanks for the help mate! :clap:

Stamp on it, buy an android phone

Easier said than done on a student budget, I'm on a £12 a month sim only contract it's that bad!

Nope, refuses to restore at all. Just keeps coming back with an error message on iTunes and the phone stays with the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

I can't try that method Phoon as the phone won't light up or do anything unless plugged into something - I thought this to be a sign of battery problems but with the battery removed, it still won't boot or anything.

For me iPhones and all that iOS is overrated crap. You pay all that money for a smartphone which can't do absolutely nothing unless its jailbroken. Im a proud owner of Xperia Z and i can do anything on it even play PS1 games on it for free or watch Full HD movies on a TV lol or take underwater pics and movies.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Airplay my man, Airplay.

By far my favourite iPhone feature. next up is the 120 fps camera.

Audi TTS S Tronic
100% just needs a new battery ... if you need any more help then just send me a private message as I fix these for a living

dont mess around with restoring etc ... it just needs a new battery!!

iPhone's run from the mains upon boot up then after around 5 seconds, they switch to battery power ... if the battery is buggered, when it switches to battery power then it just dies... that is why it lights up then switches off .... iphones cannot just run off mains power, it ALWAYS switches to battery power during boot for a second or so :)

100% just needs a new battery ... if you need any more help then just send me a private message as I fix these for a living

dont mess around with restoring etc ... it just needs a new battery!!

iPhone's run from the mains upon boot up then after around 5 seconds, they switch to battery power ... if the battery is buggered, when it switches to battery power then it just dies... that is why it lights up then switches off .... iphones cannot just run off mains power, it ALWAYS switches to battery power during boot for a second or so :)

But when I try to switch it on when it's not plugged in, nothing happens. But if it's plugged in, the boot loop happens? Would that still be the battery mate?

Audi TTS S Tronic
But when I try to switch it on when it's not plugged in, nothing happens. But if it's plugged in, the boot loop happens? Would that still be the battery mate?
DEFINITELY the battery buddy :)

Honestly for the small amount of cost for a battery it's worth a punt, but in 99% of cases of what I see at my shop - a new battery solves this issue :)