ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5S just died.....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As the title really, I know it was starting to struggle and battery was getting a little unpredictable but it's just died on me and not responding to being on charge.

Any tips or is it just a gonna?

Might just buy a 2nd hand 'newer' iPhone but where is best to buy as would rather buy outright and keep my monthly outgoing at £15 for sim only.

Only really know of CEX as a shop to go and buy one from.

Cheers.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely no idea but typically I start a new job Monday so could really do with working phone by the time shops close tomorrow.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I thought it was about £60 for a new battery fitted at an Apple shop.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Will go in the Apple Store tomorrow and see what they can do if not I'll probably just buy a 2nd hand 6S for £365 from CEX.

Anyone any experience with these shops? Legit? Phone going to be reliable? Or should I just buy new from Apple at £499

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Put it on charge for hours just in case and nothing, gf charged her phone on the same charger so that's all good and suddenly my phone reacts to the charger when I put it back on.

Will see how it acts tomorrow morning before deciding whether to get a replacement.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
£79 for a battery replacement at Apple

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service/pricing

CEX just sell used stuff like anywhere else, they do some basic checks so safer than eBay etc but still it's pot luck if you get a well looked after phone or something that's been trashed.

If you like the 5S size don't forget about the iPhone SE - the guts of a 6S inside a 5S case. Starts at £379 for the 32Gb model. Because of the smaller screen battery life is better than the 6S too. Unless you want the bigger screen (and fair enough if you do) I'd definitely have a new one of those against a used 6S.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Put it on charge for hours just in case and nothing, gf charged her phone on the same charger so that's all good and suddenly my phone reacts to the charger when I put it back on.

Will see how it acts tomorrow morning before deciding whether to get a replacement.

Interesting, my work 5s did exactly the same last week or the week before. Crashed a few times then 24 hours of nothing and has been fine since.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Similar position to you, anyone had a battery replacement?

Tempted to buy a new phone outright as I have a great sim only deal.
Much point going 7 over the 6s?

Listerine & Poledo
I had a battery replacement in a 5, not by apple, I must add.

And it was fine for about a month, but then the volume buttons started crapping out, then the battery wouldn't hold a charge. It didn't go well.

re: 7 over 6s, depends if you like using headphones or aux-out cables, because with the 7, you can either use the lightning port or bluetooth ONLY!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You get an adapter with the 7 to use an aux/ headphone cable in the lightning port.
Not ideal if you want to charge the phone at the same time though.