ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at CJ. He knows his audience!

I think, I think he might be being facetious.

BMW Z4
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Upgraded with Vodafone in store about 4pm 14/09, just had a call to say my phone is ready and would I like it set up ready to collect tomorrow, glad I've stayed with voda for the service if nothing else.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I wonder when google will release a dedicated maps app that incorporates street view ???

Clio 172 cup

OMFG

4A03E70B-E4D9-478A-9AC5-0B7DEC8B16FC-399-000000226AE76477_zps10d736f5.jpg

Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.

sooooo wish i stuck with ios5 :(

What is that?!

Is the 3D button the same as the one with buildings on? I've only seen that and it seems to do a similar thing.

Personally, I'm not really that bothered about the maps fiasco. But just looking at the app you can see how much of a mess it is.
Click on directions; despite thinking they didn't exist. Go to route to your destination and OOOP! We can't do that, but these people can, and then show you all the nav apps on the App Store. Shoddy.

M135i

I'm disappointed regarding Maps. It was a vital tool that I used at work. It has no where near enough detail now.

Ph2 172

I don't really use maps so I'm not that bothered. I do find it quite funny though that I apparently have a petrol station just behind our house, although last time I looked it was a corner shop!!

Someone was talking about strange behaviour connecting to home wifi and getting a "public wifi" style login page with apple.com on it - I had this last night, but strangely only when i was on the edge of where i usually pick it up anyway. Close by it was fine, and it's been fine today - very odd.

Lou

how the hell did you get a nano sim from tesco mate? they told me they didn't know anything about them yet

Call 4455 and tell them you have ordered direct from apple and can you order a nano sim. They will send one out to you. If they try to tell you they are not available til tomorrow tell them you spoke to the mobile care team on twitter as they tried to tell me on Monday I couldn't order one but as soon as I told them about twitter they put the order through

LY 182

[h=4]just logged onto the apple sto​re and it says this........ Processing Items Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks Delivers 03 Oct, 2012 - 09 Oct, 2012

looks like i have a long wait, i orderd on the 15th i didnt expect there to be that much of a hold up that quick!

[/h]

RacingBlue + IceBurg

just spoke to orange, aparently no one on the network will be getting theres tomorrow and no messages would have been sent saying to expect delivery tomorrow. that wont happen until they get the physical stock (which will be tomorrow) they told me delivery for me would most probaly be monday as i pre ordered mine pre 12AM last friday, but to allow 7 days from tomorrow

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

just spoke to orange, aparently no one on the network will be getting theres tomorrow and no messages would have been sent saying to expect delivery tomorrow. that wont happen until they get the physical stock (which will be tomorrow) they told me delivery for me would most probaly be monday as i pre ordered mine pre 12AM last friday, but to allow 7 days from tomorrow

Basically Orange have fucked up. They have somehow managed to get it more wrong than O2 when just 6 days ago it seemed much more promising.

No one at Orange (customer facing at least) knows what is happening.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Can anyone explain what's wrong with adding google maps to the home screen? Just curious.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Photosynth is much better and easier to use than the Panoramic setting.

And in all honesty I don't think the maps are bad at all, I tested it on the way home from work. Worked perfect even when I took the wrong turn on purpose. Had all the local points of interest, even a small little cafe. I like them tbh.

RS6 C7

My UPS man turns up at about 5.30pm :(

Might give him a ring and bung him a tenner to come quicker:eek:

I had a text and e-mail from orange this afternoon saying that the device I ordered was ready to be collected from my local orange shop, so called in and surprise surprise no iPhone 5 they wont be taking delivery until tomorrow morning at 6am, bit gutted but wasnt expecting an early realise, so it collection anytime after 8am tomorrow :)

Opened mine at work today. It's extremely nicely made and is incredibly light, perhaps too light. The overall look and feel of the thing is just exceptional, easily the best handset ever made. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was the slate colour, it's quite blue when you first look at it. Maybe I should have gone white...

ip5p.jpg

ip52.jpg

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I wish I had gone white now, it looks quite good in non apple photos.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Opened mine at work today. It's extremely nicely made and is incredibly light, perhaps too light. The overall look and feel of the thing is just exceptional, easily the best handset ever made. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was the slate colour, it's quite blue when you first look at it. Maybe I should have gone white...

ip5p.jpg

ip52.jpg

How did you get it a day early??