ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 Today @ 6PM

Anyone else on an iphone 4 or lower with the update unable to get 3d maps, panorama mode???

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone else on an iphone 4 or lower with the update unable to get 3d maps, panorama mode???

That's because iPhone 4 users don't get those features. In fact I'm struggling to see what features You do get. I'm not going to upgrade unless everyone says it's worth it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Any mirrors for IOS6 ? slow through iTunes and over the air :(

CBR1000RR Fireblade

So far, I'm not impressed with IOS 6. My phone is running dog s**t slow.

really?! so im gonna have to buy a 4s or 5 to get the full features of ios6!!! :boring: b*****ds! :mad: such a let down ... and i've only had my 4 for a few months lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Although fully expected, I'm a little disappointed mine isn't coming until the first week of October.

Bah.

S3, Polo

Initial impressions on ipad3 - meh. Not bad, not great.

Maps seem ok, Flyover is a cool distraction (when looking at London, anyway!) - most of the main landmarks are there, but there are large patches that have been omitted. It also seems to stutter pretty badly, so you won't miss that if you're on the iPhone 4! In general, on the 4, they seem ok. Not needed to use it in anger yet.

Directions seems a bit, erm, un-polished without the usual 'Apple' levels of UI consistency and refinement. Look at the 'ok' button on the initial warning pop-over as an example...

Nice to now have a fully-featured clock on the iPad.

Siri will be of more use to me on the iPad than a phone, I suspect.

The App Store re-design on the iPad is shocking & reminds me, perhaps unfairly, of the old Android Store. Ouch. On the phone? The same interface isn't so bad.

On the iPhone 4 - keyboard now has a black background, re-designed dialler & the menus & 'music' have had a minor, oddly-simplified re-skin...

How on earth do you use passbook? Would be nice to see if it works for my flight home but all I can see is a link to the App Store. Why do I need to go to the App Store?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

It takes you to the app store but loads sweet FA.

I'm still confused by it but I imagine it's similar to news stand where you have to download the content for it via the app store.

It just takes me to the Lufthansa app, can't say I have flown with them before. I am flying to New York with Virgin next month, would be good to be able to use it for that i guess.

SQ5
uvabera6.jpg

New icon on newly downloaded apps.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Not going to bother with the update for now. Will wait for the 5 to arrive on Friday. More of a surprise that way!!

I still have maps but no flyover? My newstand is still in the folder though :)

so much quicker to browse of my 4s!

did they make the 4s purposely slow before this update?!

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab

New maps are s**t, most of their now has no satellite view, can't zoom in to Wycombe, it's ridiculous, totally pointless now, have added the google maps to the homepage instead, pain in the ass. No street view is poor too.

On a positive note, it now supports Bluetooth map which is good for people who want to use it in their cars (as in me as Mercedes comand uses this and didn't work until hopefully now :) )

2014 Clio 200t edc

Anyone having trouble downloading the update ota??

SQ5
New maps will be s**t. How good was Google maps when it first came a long.

Comparing now isn't fair as Google was ahead of its time then, but now after the time of having it done it isn't bad at all.

Satellite images are up to date too, probably last 6-12 months. Google is 3 years out of date!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Satellite images are up to date too, probably last 6-12 months. Google is 3 years out of date!

At least 12 months out of date near me, had my RB and combo van on it which both went June 2011.

Map app seems identical to one I had? Where is this fly over option!!?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Why when I try to zoom into somewhere like high Wycombe do I just get pixelated green, it was high def clear as day on google maps?

am I missing something?

can someone else try and zoom into Wycombe and see if they can see even the roads please?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Even large towns/cities like reading and Worcester show no detail at all, the only places that do seem to be large cities and places like Oxford, I have to be missing something?

SQ5
Because its not Google. It's Apples own imagery now.

It will get better as Google did.

Google only used to be London, then bigger cities, then towns, then everywhere. It took at least 2-3 years to get to where it was, the a few years later we had street view etc....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Google will bring an app out (although maybe with adverts?), and all will be ok again.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Why when I try to zoom into somewhere like high Wycombe do I just get pixelated green, it was high def clear as day on google maps?

am I missing something?

can someone else try and zoom into Wycombe and see if they can see even the roads please?

I get the same, all blurred with nothing worth showing.
they have said that the 3d element is only available in 'major metro' areas.