ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

I still haven't received my confirmation e-mail from Orange, even though I paid on Friday. :S

SQ5
Would it be possible to unlock a Vodafone iPhone 5?

I've searched this thread but can't see anything.

Cheers!

Should do it straight away.

My missus upgraded to a 4S for me and asked for it unlocked. They unlocked it a few days later!

My lightening lead shipped today too, should be here Thursday.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Tesco will send me stock updates every monday for 4 weeks.

Pikey.

Scirocco GT 2.0

Upgraded with T-Mobile for a white one this time. Will prob transfer to EE when given the opportunity, 4G FTW

Storm Grey 200

Havent heard anything from O2 since I placed my order on friday, although when placed it did say it would be delivered on friday so.. we shall see

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

id put £10 on there being a lot of disappointed people come friday

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

I assume the nano sim won't come with the phone then? :eek:

Tesla MP3 2021

If your buying the phone from a network then you will get a nano sim. If you buy from Apple then you need one from your current carrier.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Ah that's ok then, bought mine from Orange.

I rang 3 local O2 shops today. Two of them had no idea, the 3rd had plenty of stock.

He confirmed that any preorders with them, will come with a sim.

SQ5
Has anyone been able to pick up a nano sim on orange yet?

Called today and asked for one and they just said yes where would you like it sent.

Vodafone are being c***s about he whole thing. A manager wrote on the forum that it all depends on who they get through to whether you'll get one or not, so my missus kicked off got passed round a couple people and got one. She's getting next day delivery though, I'm having to wait upto 7 working days so I'd with orange ring quickly!

Fiesta ST-3

Called today and asked for one and they just said yes where would you like it sent.

Vodafone are being c**ts about he whole thing. A manager wrote on the forum that it all depends on who they get through to whether you'll get one or not, so my missus kicked off got passed round a couple people and got one. She's getting next day delivery though, I'm having to wait upto 7 working days so I'd with orange ring quickly!

Cheers dude!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Guys, do I just need a nano sim from o2? By that I mean do I then choose a PAYG scheme for that card or does it need to be a specific Simplicity nano sim?

I just want to go in store, get a nano sim and then think about the best deal to go with it when the choice comes later on. Is this a goer?

I ordered mine within 2 hours of them being open, through orange. T-mobile stating no one is getting theirs on Friday doesn't bode well if they're the same company....

I pre-ordered mine through my local Orange shop and was advised to collect Friday, so I hope it arrives as ive taken the morning off work to collect it :)

Guys, do I just need a nano sim from o2? By that I mean do I then choose a PAYG scheme for that card or does it need to be a specific Simplicity nano sim?

I just want to go in store, get a nano sim and then think about the best deal to go with it when the choice comes later on. Is this a goer?

I'm pretty sure they're different.

There's a PAYG version and a contract one.

f**k it, decided just to go ahead and buy a 32gb using my plastic friend. 2-3 weeks delivery which is fine by me.

Looking for 182

I have an iPhone 4 at present and see no reason to upgrade, I certainly can't justify the cost of the upgrade when it appears it will offer me very little extra.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone know what time IOS6 will be available for download tomos? (Sorry if its been asked already)

LY 182

I have an iPhone 4 at present and see no reason to upgrade, I certainly can't justify the cost of the upgrade when it appears it will offer me very little extra.

Same. I'm quite content with my 4 and paying £10 a month with GiffGaff.

I couldn't justify buying a 5, unless I'd sold my 4S. It's cost me £215 to 'upgrade' with Apple. This is why it makes sense to do it each year for me.

MINI FJCW

Phoned Orange, and was told it would be sent via UK Mail & would receive a text message with delivery date/time.

I'd assume this applies to us all who upgraded through Orange.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I couldn't justify buying a 5, unless I'd sold my 4S. It's cost me £215 to 'upgrade' with Apple. This is why it makes sense to do it each year for me.

Exactly, stay on top of it and it's a cheap way to own the latest phone.

Once you have one then it's £200 a year to upgrade, so add that to a £10 gift gaff or similar and it's about £26 a month. Cheap as chips :)

Anyone who preordered through OUK or TM store before end of day Saturday will be able to collect on Friday, handsets will be in store from tomorrow if you wanted to ring up and check they have yours.

LY 182

Exactly, stay on top of it and it's a cheap way to own the latest phone.

Once you have one then it's £200 a year to upgrade, so add that to a £10 gift gaff or similar and it's about £26 a month. Cheap as chips :)

Exactly what I would do. I've only got a 4 right now so I'm looking at ~£450 to upgrade. Also GiffGaff have got an issue with the Nano SIMs at the moment and the other SIM only deals seem too expensive for my liking.

I've got more important stuff to pay for at the moment. As much as I'd love a 5, if I'm thinking sensibly there's no real reason that I must upgrade. I'll probably contemplate upgrading in the new year now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly what I would do. I've only got a 4 right now so I'm looking at ~£450 to upgrade. Also GiffGaff have got an issue with the Nano SIMs at the moment and the other SIM only deals seem too expensive for my liking.

Well you can sim cut a gift gaff micro to a nano, it's pretty easy.

Or the deal I went for:

I've just ordered a three contact.

200 mins
5000 texts
500MB
12 Months

£6.90 a month

£50 cashback through Quidco

Effective cost per month of £2.73!

LY 182

Didn't think it was that easy to cut down a micro? Isn't the Nano also thinner?

I have seen that Three contract but I'm not convinced by them being that great for signal / coverage. My GiffGaff (aka O2) is solid which is nice.

I'm going to try three @£12.90pm, if it does not work out I can change at a later date! Would stick with giffgaff but don't fancy chopping down my sim!!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

It's really easy, little bit of sand paper on the back to thin it down. Then use the template you can download to mark it, cut it with sharp scissors or a knife and it's done!