ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Golf GTi MkV
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

You need an adapter to put the nano sim in the iPhone 5?

No, the nano sim will be activated in 2-24 hours. So my current micro sim will not work, phone comes out in a week, I still have my 4.

White 16GB for me, Black 16GB for the husband.

We both have the same colour iPads too, makes sense.

Citroen DS3 DSport
For those asking when payment is taken, last year CC orders were paid on dispatch and debit card orders were charged immediately.

My bank declined my payment this morning, phoned me to check it wasn't fraud and then I had to submit the checkout order again. Sailed through the second time. Plenty if swearing from me when the declined screen was shown.

DB.

BMW 440i

So people with smaller memory versions will know who has the bigger ones, so they know who to refer to as "sir" when replying to their posts in the apple section.

Its all about establishing the iPecking order

LOL!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've just checked Three's prices. £89 for a 32gb iPhone 5 and £39 per month on the One Plan. Over 24 months I'd save £174, not a bad amount to save but I'll stick with sim free from Apple rather than tie myself into a long contract.

dk

911 GTS Cab

my credit card company declined mine o i used a debit card.

then 30 mins later get a call from them, said they are declining a lot from apple today, its their biggest fraudulent purchases site apparently.

Tesla MP3 2021

I have seen on O2's Twitter that you can pick up a Nano SIM prior to next Friday... they need to provide more detailed info TBH!

Ford Kuga Phev

Just had a chat with o2 and this is their response on the Nano Sim:

Andy: Hi I'm Andy. How can I help?
Jason Catlin-Holmes: Hi Andy, I have just ordered a sim free iPhone 5 from Apple, How do I go about ordering a Nano Sim?
Andy: The nano sim for iPhone 5 will be available from 21st September which is the release date of the iPhone.
Andy: You can order the sim online or by visiting the store.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: Why are you not providing them sooner? The other mobile operators are, I would like to use my new phone as soon as I get it.

Jason Catlin-Holmes: Surely you should be doing the Sims sooner so there isn't a mad rush on the 21st?
Andy: I can understand.
Andy: To be honest, we have not started the pre order's for the sim. The nano will be available with us and with the other network provider from 21st September onwards.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: That's quite dissapointing
Andy: I'm sorry as the phone is not launched yet, the sim cards will not be available in advance.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: The Micro Sims were
Jason Catlin-Holmes: when the 4 was launched, o2 gave me an adapter until the new phone came
Andy: Yes.
Andy: That's correct but present, we are not taking the pre order's for the nano sim.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: ok, thanks for your help
Andy: You're welcome.
Andy: You can visit the nearest store on 21st September and can collect the nano sim.

I have seen on O2's Twitter that you can pick up a Nano SIM prior to next Friday... they need to provide more detailed info TBH!

Just had a chat with o2 and this is their response on the Nano Sim:

Andy: Hi I'm Andy. How can I help?
Jason Catlin-Holmes: Hi Andy, I have just ordered a sim free iPhone 5 from Apple, How do I go about ordering a Nano Sim?
Andy: The nano sim for iPhone 5 will be available from 21st September which is the release date of the iPhone.
Andy: You can order the sim online or by visiting the store.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: Why are you not providing them sooner? The other mobile operators are, I would like to use my new phone as soon as I get it.

Jason Catlin-Holmes: Surely you should be doing the Sims sooner so there isn't a mad rush on the 21st?
Andy: I can understand.
Andy: To be honest, we have not started the pre order's for the sim. The nano will be available with us and with the other network provider from 21st September onwards.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: That's quite dissapointing
Andy: I'm sorry as the phone is not launched yet, the sim cards will not be available in advance.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: The Micro Sims were
Jason Catlin-Holmes: when the 4 was launched, o2 gave me an adapter until the new phone came
Andy: Yes.
Andy: That's correct but present, we are not taking the pre order's for the nano sim.
Jason Catlin-Holmes: ok, thanks for your help
Andy: You're welcome.
Andy: You can visit the nearest store on 21st September and can collect the nano sim.

Useless arseholes.

How difficult is it to send the same info to all their staff?

I'd trust their Twitter more as that's probably a HR person instead of a kid hating his job answering iPhone questions all day.

dk

911 GTS Cab

thats basically o2 saying they don't know when they will have them so are saying the 21st to be safe, i bet they'll be available as soon as they arrive in store.

DB.

BMW 440i

Three's deals look so good, but I have something in my head telling me not to be with three and stick with the likes of O2. God knows why.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

how long did you have to wait until you could edit your order, was it saying processing? as mine won't let me, just says they've received the order but i can't edit it yet.

Yes, I had exactly the same then I called the automated helpline, quoted my number and suddenly on the website it was unlocked and able to edit.. so I hung up and cancelled the adapters.. About 10 minutes from when I placed the order.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Three's deals look so good, but I have something in my head telling me not to be with three and stick with the likes of O2. God knows why.

3's deals for sim only (1 month rolling contract) do indeed look tempting. Though like you that wee voice in my head says stick with one of the big companies.

Tesla MP3 2021

The Twitter response keep changing by the minute so it must be multiple people replying to tweets, all saying different things lol!

I will just leave it now until Monday and then go into a store to see what's what. CBA with messing around next Friday as you will have to wait in for the phone to be delivered and then have to go to O2 which will be packed with people trying to get their phones and all I need is a SIM.... FFS!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Only four ballers going for the 64GB Ninja edition?

Disappoint.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Jees people are getting excited over a sim.

I can remember when mobiles didn't exist, the world was a much better place.

I'm still looking forward to upgrading though :)

Tesla MP3 2021

I think they should stop talking until they have their facts straight lol..

ScreenShot2012-09-14at102500.png

Tesla MP3 2021

Jees people are getting excited over a sim.

I can remember when mobiles didn't exist, the world was a much better place.

I'm still looking forward to upgrading though :)

Well the phone will be pretty useless without a working SIM!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Forget that link, thought you could order using that but you already need the sim, it's only to activate it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

That's for when you have the new sim and want to transfer your current number etc.

Yep.

I'm guessing they'll be dealing them out at the o2 store on the day. You just go home and do this.

Fine for me, not so good for people having their phones delivered in the mail who don't want to make an extra trip.

Golf GTi MkV

My iphone 4 is gonna be useless in about 24 hours :(

Honda. Tesla Someday

Ok as I said before, I was on the old o2 contract, giving me unlimited mins/texts and unlimited data. I had 2 of these for £63 each per month.

I couldnt upgrade without losing my unlimited data. O2 are only offering 1GB and I need at LEAST 2GB's per month.

I called o2 this morning and asked what the deal was with the iPhone 5. They are only offering 1GB of data.

I then asked how much it is to upgrade (price of phone etc) - they currently have NO PRICES! What a shambles!

So then I said - "you're not doing yourselves any favours! You're offering the least data, no 4G for the foreseeable future as EE owns the whole spectrum in the UK for 4G, and you have no prices!"

She agreed with me!!!!!!!!!

So then I called T-Mobile and ordered 2 32GB iPhone 5's on their Full Monty plan for £41 per month each which has unlimited everything + 4G as soon as it launches!

Bye bye o2, its been good, but you've killed yourselves.

MINI FJCW

White 64Gb ordered through Orange, phoned at 8.01am and got through an hour later.

Tariffs are as mentioned before although there isn't a deposit to give as stated on the website, as i had it confirmed by the customer service rep.

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday

It's a shame really I've been with o2 for about 7 years!

I really REALLY did not want to leave o2, I love the network! They didnt leave me any choice with the sub par offerings and customer service shambles!

They have to be on the ball with things like this. All other networks tell you exactly how much the phone will cost you. o2 still won't tell anyone! People want to order their 5's ASAP to avoid not getting it on release. Very disappointed.

BG 182

just spent an hour on phone to carphone warehouse, im due for upgrade, the missus on voda isnt till 9th oct!!!

orange has the best tariff with 3gb data unlimited call and texts so I've just paid Vodafone off, but cant upgrade? nevermind, upgraded mine on O2 and new contract for the missus on orange, get to use her 3gb data tethering on my iPad. Win Win

An orange one

IIRC O2 were very slow with their 4S release information as well, it's not good TBH!

Are t-mobile any good with coverage these days? I had one around 7 years ago and it was shocking...

dk

911 GTS Cab

I really REALLY did not want to leave o2, I love the network! They didnt leave me any choice with the sub par offerings and customer service shambles!

They have to be on the ball with things like this. All other networks tell you exactly how much the phone will cost you. o2 still won't tell anyone! People want to order their 5's ASAP to avoid not getting it on release. Very disappointed.
you say you want 2 gb data a month, o2 do unlimited calls and texts and 2gb data for £25 month, surely thats better than £41 a month.

DB.

BMW 440i

I'm in the same boat and considering the T mobile offer of £220 for the phone and £36 p/month with 2000 minutes (Won't use half of them), and unlimited data/messages).

Going to give O2 until Lunchtime to put some prices up I think.

DB.

BMW 440i

you say you want 2 gb data a month, o2 do unlimited calls and texts and 2gb data for £25 month, surely thats better than £41 a month.

He's paying £150 for the iPhone as opposed to £600.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'm sticking with o2 but on PAYG. 4G doesn't bother me as of now, and I have no problems picking up a Nano card in store when I get back off my holidays, or even on the 21st.

I've been with them since I switched from Vodafone many years ago and haven't had a problem.

Going to order a 32GB black in a couple of hours when the missus texts me the digits to use, as she doesn't want me to use my card.