ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Ok, so the EarPods actually sound pretty good!

Miles better than the old headphones, for sure.

I thought they were pretty good too, very comfortable. Not sure what they would be like in a noisy environment, but they seem great.
Paper cones now tho, so they wont survive a wool cycle.

LOL @ jailbreak. (me hearties)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Don't they have two audible outlets? Quite a clever little design if I'm looking at them correctly.

No just the one, the other ports are there to move air around.

Tesla MP3 2021

UPS will probably deliver mine about 4pm :( lol

Bus w**ker

thanks dude, going to try a cloud restore first i think, the reason i was going to do an iTunes backup was to get the camera roll back on there as I'm not syncing that with the cloud as its too big, but then I'm wondering whether i do want the 7gb of pics and vids back on the new phone, i like scrolling back to events, but it makes my backups so big.

I've read that cloud stores your text messages too, which i definitely do want back.

I am too paranoid to use iCloud for my backups, but from what I understand there's no difference between the profile stored on iCloud as there is on iTunes; depending on the options you choose obviously. Messages are definately backed up on iTunes though as I did a DFU update from iOS6b4 to GM and they're all still present, only thing that doesn't seem to have been backed up are a few settings and contact photos.

And speaking of contact photos I can't for the life of me get iOS 6 to now update my contacts photos from Facebook, like it has done without prompting for months.

And yeah I've skipped about 10 pages of bragging so may have missed someone else replying to this...and Christopher being a c**t.

Christopher hasn't got a lot to brag about.

He's just upgraded to get a phone that's taller than him.

An orange one

I'm not finding this blueness to the back??

My initial thoughts this morning were underwhelmed to be honest...

Still nice to have the latest one though

I am jealous of you all. Not because of you getting the iPhone 5. But because of the new phone/toy feeling - I love it when I get a new device or piece of tech to play with.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'll literally spent hours/days even just setting up the screen and icon allocation, choosing backgrounds and the like.

Then cram it with p**n.

Pretty much.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I'm shopping in meadowhall today and the que outside the apple shop is silly long.

has anyone made a phone call on their new iPhone yet?

Last edited:

Some pics as some crazed fanatics requested :D

Observations, upon opening the box, its very long and looks a bit silly at first. I suppose the blue bit is the 'slate'. As already commented and as I restored from a backup, its erm, just like the last phone, but to behold it is a beautiful object.

ip52_zpsfc7ad63c.jpg

ip51_zps82ae8dc5.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Sooo tempted to go to the o2 store and pick one up and cancel my Apple pre-order. They've got plenty in stock, too.

Nng...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I think I'm going to have to. Got the Nano sim's in as well.

F*ck it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Right been using it for an hour or so, f**k me its fast.

Quite a bit faster than the 4S, iMessage seems to be on speed.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I hate being at the end of the UPS route :(

Wish I had gone white after seeing CJs pics now though, looks really smart.

We were unable to deliver your parcel and are awaiting further information from the sender - DPD FAIL

Least it was the wifes lol!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

The missus is going through to buy one for me now at the o2 store, 32GB black, sim free. She'll no doubt get confused as f*ck, especially as I've told her to ask about transferring my number over to a nano sim, but we'll see.

I'll then cancel my pre-order with Apple, as it's still at the processing stage.