ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 5 charging problem fix

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
I am normally very sceptical of these online stories of a quick fix to a common problem, but this actually worked for me so thought sharing might help somebody. Over the course of 4-8 weeks the charger port on my Iphone 5 has been playing up, not connecting/charging intermittently. Also felt loose when connected, like it was just worn inside and was not getting a proper connection. After a search online and looking at costs and how to replace, I thought I would give this a go first, just in case it worked....... and it did a dream!!!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5242204?tstart=0

I opted for the 'toothpick / snapped match option and worked an absolute treat. The amount of lint, dust and other crap that came out was amazing, it now charges everytime straight away when connecting charger, and feels a lot more secure and now doesn't wobble around.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to do it every month or so. Stupid bloody thing!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They've gave me a new charger before they realised the fix!

Golf R32
Noticed lately mines been playing up so just cleaned it out with a coated paper clip and there was so much fluff stuck in there :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Found this in 3 minutes...

a3emabe3.jpg

My headphone one was chokka!!!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thanks for the top tip.

I cleaned my 5S out yesterday using this method. The phone's only 6 months old but I was surprised by the amount of lint that was in the charging port and headphone socket.