ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 Battery Problem

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys.

My iphone 5 has gone from bad to worse. It was fully charged last night, i used it for a bit this morning, went to upload a picture and the battery went from 70%+ then died. I tried to turn it back on and it did, it had 64%.

Tried to upload the picture again and then it jumped down to 1% and then turned off.

My iPhone is fully up to date and doesnt have many apps on it.

When it turns back on it always says "This iPhone has restarted" or something to that effect.

Would it be worth me doing a factory restore on it ? Ive never done one. I back all my pictures and everything else up to icloud.

Will i just lose all app data ?

Sam!

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
Being an iphone user for around 5 years I have found that when updating your iphone with the newest updates, these seem to be better/faster versions of the older software, but your phone is still only capable of what it is, for example they boost the old software which works great for the iphone 6, but if somebody with an iphone 4 updates it, then it will most likely make that phone slow as f**k. Updates are not always good!

I'm pretty sure it gets a new battery when they fit the button as it gets damaged on removal due to being glued down and needing removed.

Quite a few I've had in to get fixed have just been replaced with a whole new handset.

Worth a shot.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm pretty sure it gets a new battery when they fit the button as it gets damaged on removal due to being glued down and needing removed.

Quite a few I've had in to get fixed have just been replaced with a whole new handset.

Worth a shot.

I just read that page. It says this -
  • Your iPhone will be examined to verify eligibility, and then sent to the local Apple Repair Center.
My sleep button seems to be ok so wont they say no ?