ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 4s Top Button

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else with a Iphone 4s having trouble with the top button?,it normaly has a click but does bot anymore & is bit harder to push to switch screen lock on

sorrt i should of posted this in the Technology section

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
There are different times in the settings. 30s, 1m, 2m, 3m (default iirc), 5m and never.

PS it's really easy to change look on you tube.

MR2 Mk1.5
So how do you lock the screen mate?

I can't, that isn't a huge issue though.. I worried more about the phone running out of battery and not being able to turn it back on.

I understand though, if your phone is within 12 months old, you take to apple and they just replace it. I would have done this but I've had a screen repair which I think means they will not do the swap.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Every Iphone I've had did this 3, 3G, 4, 4S before going for the Note 2, it's just dirt and dead skin under it, just unscrew the bottom two screws and go from there and give it a clean, or go on YT and look at screen replacement guides this will show you how to disassemble the phone and ultimately get to the button. Pi*s easy to do and will sort it until you dirt it up again.

Polo GTi
Brilliant! Cheers for that, Cliosport.net to the rescue!

No problem.

Just remember if you hold down the assitive touch lock button you can turn off your phone as normal, problem being that as your physical lock button is broke you cant turn the phone back on, all you need to do it plug in the charger mains or USB and it will turn on your phone.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I have this issue, although I overcome it by smashing the end of the phone against the wall.

Going to take it apart this weekend and try and give it a full detail consisting of strip down, de-dust, polish and finish off with a wax/sealant.