ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  200 Gordini
Siri is a smart arse -

3d7217d0.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sold my 4 for £350, when I bought it in May I got £150 cashback. Thats covered the cost of the 4s outright, and my contract only has 12 months to go, and is better than the current offerings.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My 4gs doesn't appear to have Siri. When i hold the home button I just get 'voice control' blue screen thing. Do you need to switch it on?

Fiesta ST-3
I don't think it was ever going to be as easy as it appears in the advert for it tbh with all the differences in accents etc. Pretty cool though!

Golf GTD
Just wish that Siri would work for businesses in the UK. Loving the phone so far. Massive step up from my 3GS as expected.

Tesla MP3 2021
This is a bit of a downer...!

[h=2]Siri: Maps and Local Search for International Customers Coming in 2012[/h]Friday October 14, 2011 7:58 am PDT by Arnold Kim
siriin.jpg

As we noted on our iPhone launch article, international iPhone 4S users are noticing that Siri won't provide them with Map or local business search information. Those features were demoed by Apple during the keynote but are limited to the U.S. market only.

Apple's Siri FAQ (via @dujkan) reveals that international support for those features won't be available until 2012:

Maps and local search support will be available in additional countries in 2012.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1251582

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'm taking my bumper back. Says it fits the 4gs on the apple site but the mute button doesn't sit in the hole right meaning I can't mute my phone properly.

I wouldn't mind if it was off the market but if you're paying 20 odd quid for one you want it to fit properly.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I'm taking my bumper back. Says it fits the 4gs on the apple site but the mute button doesn't sit in the hole right meaning I can't mute my phone properly.

I wouldn't mind if it was off the market but if you're paying 20 odd quid for one you want it to fit properly.

I said to the O2 blokes about this and they were adamant it was the same as the 4, I didn't bother arguing.
My speck case just about clears the mute button though, so I'm happy with that.

It's weird though, almost as no one has realized moving the mute button has even happened and ruined the compatibility of a lot of cases.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H2935ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjAyOTUxNzI

Last edited:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a case off my mate and had to cut a small bit out so it fits okay.

The place I went weren't aware that there was any difference until I showed the
, and now they're making an emergency order to get 4GS specific ones in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Look in the what phone cases thread, I've just bought one, superb. oh and my phones just turned up lol and i was expecting it monday. Will get it all setup tomo

R26r R26
I personally wouldn't bother with a case as they have only ever damaged the phone where dust and dirt get trapped in it. I even had my original 4 replaced for free because of the damage the Apple bumper caused. Much better to go naked :p

Mini Cooper S sport
Try saying 'I love you' to Siri - and also ask it why the chicken crossed the road.

I was expecting to see loads of people wanking over their 4Ss in here, but not many people seem to have got them yet.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Biggest difference over my 4 I have noticed is the signal strength. Getting 2 bars of 3G where previously I had none earlier tonight. Much much improved, which is excellent.

It all feels quicker too, but so does my ipad since upgrading to ios5.

SIRI is cool, told it to remind me something when i got home, turned onto my street and felt it vibrate in my pocket, brilliant.

M135i
Cool little feature I just found. Select (highlight) some text and then u can get the phone to speak back to you what u wrote. A good 1 is 'lolololololololol'.

You need to turn this feature on. Go on settings, general, accessibility, then turn speak selection on.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Hiya! Massive upgrade from that. s***s got edges y0!

AK PM me about your flat, location, price etc.

Wanna get info on London prices and s**t.

Nice one Scottish BISH!

Edit...

Flol at the voice! The 4's got it too.