ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DB.

BMW 440i
I've just got to walk to orange tomorrow and collect.

Id rather be phoneless than have to make the effort tbf.

My current sim becomes inactive tomorrow, and my microsim is then active, so i'll be phoneless if it doesn't come tomorrow. Doesn't fuss me too much, i just want my new toy to play with tbh.

I ordered before 8.56am on 7th (at least that's when I updated on here I'd ordered).

Still no progress.

I wonder if size/colour will cause any delays? Mine is 16GB white, and 16GB black.

DB.

BMW 440i
I ordered before 8.56am on 7th (at least that's when I updated on here I'd ordered).

Still no progress.

I wonder if size/colour will cause any delays? Mine is 16GB white, and 16GB black.

I was 9:17 am on here, so must have ordered about 5 minutes before this.

16gb white.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Having a problem with emails mate, due to the sheer number we are shipping.

I havent got mine, and a few people have text saying the same as well.

Dont worry :)

Cheers mate, so they are all being send out today for tomorrow delivery?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers :)

Just wanted to see if certain colours/sizes were being processed first.

Has your bank/card been charged yet?
Both payments came out of my account last Friday when I ordered, but still haven't shown up on my statement. One payment of £499 is the phone, another of £499 was for a second incorrect order that they cancelled, so hopefully the money will go back in tomorrow and it'll also show the payment on my statement. Barclays said if it hasn't gone back in by Saturday to ring them. I've got the email showing that the order was cancelled.

Both payments came out of my account last Friday when I ordered, but still haven't shown up on my statement. One payment of £499 is the phone, another of £499 was for a second incorrect order that they cancelled, so hopefully the money will go back in tomorrow and it'll also show the payment on my statement. Barclays said if it hasn't gone back in by Saturday to ring them. I've got the email showing that the order was cancelled.

Hmmm. My bank shows no pending deduction for them.

Has anyone else had their money taken?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Btw I'm not being silly, before anyone says!

Account balance is £1101, available balance is £102. Take away £499 x 2 and that gives the right amount.

Strange how no one else has had their money taken yet though....

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Luckily my bills don't come out until the beginning of the month, so I'm okay financially. I'm just starting to get worried in case it doesn't go back in!

DB.

BMW 440i
Btw I'm not being silly, before anyone says!

Account balance is £1101, available balance is £102. Take away £499 x 2 and that gives the right amount.

Strange how no one else has had their money taken yet though....

Probably because you cancelled, it makes you different from the norm, so you have been charged.

I'm reading on MacRumours, and most are saying funds will be taken tomorrow, or even next week.

Makes sense, incase they had probs with delivery/stock etc. Unfair to charge and deliver a month later.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke to Apple. They said refunds and withdrawing payments can usually take 3-5 days, but with a high volume it may take an extra day or two.

I'm reading on MacRumours, and most are saying funds will be taken tomorrow, or even next week.

It'll be next week.

Same with all Apple stuff.

'Oooh, they haven't charged me. Maybe I'm going to get this iPhone/iMac/iPad for free. That would be great'

Few days later.

'Oh. They have charged me'

Mercedes
They use the preauthorisation method, you order they authorise your card without taking the cash once its shipped the funds are actually called for. We use a similar system in my office.

However some banks reduce your available funds when something is preauthorised, others don't that's just down to your bank.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Had confirmation from CPW that my O2 upgrade Iphone 4S will be sat waiting for me to collect from 9am tomorrow. Will be nipping at midday during my lunch hour to collect, simples. No faffing around queing at O2 stores hoping they haven't sold out.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm guessing Apple have huge stock numbers for this release as I know a lot of people who have ordered a phone from local network stores and have them reserved for tomorrow without any real issues. Two of my friends ordered today and were told to come in after 9am tomorrow, the iPhone's are already in the shop. Certainly not the usual last minute panic and shortages of previous years.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My money is pending on my CC account, has been all week.

Is applecare+ coming out in the UK?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not sure what the excess is but Orange wanted £12 a month off me In the end went through my home insurance company instaed, £3 p/m and covers me and the g/f's phone for loss, damage (not water damage) etc. Excess with that is £50