ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 to a Nokia lumia 800

Ph 1 172
As title had anyone got the Nokia or moved from iPhone to the lumia it looks like a good little package, and i am a bit bored of my iPhone but stuck in 2 minds as wether it not to change it for a 4s or Nokia what's people opinions

Clio 1.2 16V
Not used the Lumia 800, but it looks like a nice phone and Windows Mobile looks pretty cool, although you wont have as many apps on it. If you're bored with the iPhone 4 then the 4S wont change that :/ Maybe wait for the iPhone 5 this year?

Or maybe an android phone? Endless customisations with them especially with custom roms and whatnot and a lot more open than both iOS and Windows Mobile, if that's what you're after lol.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Lumia looks like a great phone, had a go a few times but couldn't move myself away from HTC, and I dont think Nokia are quite there yet (although I'm impressed how much ground they've caught up considering they were years behind)

Android is brilliant if you buy a phone with a good skin, HTC sense does the trick for me. The beauty of it is, you can do whatever you want really

2001 Clio 172
In my opinion they look lush (design wise) but I'm not convinced they are there in terms of software and apps. However I haven't used one in person yet. I have a GS2 which I love, however it will be similar to your iphone 4 apart from you can customise it a lot further (as people have already said). There is supposed to be a GS3 coming out this year too, and ICS coming to the GS2 this quarter. Depends if you want to spend the higher purchase price/monthly fee for a top end phone or are you now bored of all the apps and things so just want a decent phone to be just a phone?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i have a lumia 800 its good, i like it but could do with some software tweaks.

i use it every day and am very pleased with it

172 Race Car
^ Do you have the latest software? Mango is it called?

Starting to look into WP7 stuff now. Not sure yet but something about them interests me

Ph 1 172
Just bored of all the apps to be honest I just want my phone to have a decent camera, be a phone and handle the spotify app,what's the battery life like on the lumia

Just bored of all the apps to be honest I just want my phone to have a decent camera, be a phone and handle the spotify app,what's the battery life like on the lumia

Then delete the apps? You don't have to have them.

The iPhone has a better camera and it can handle spotify. It is also a phone.

BMW E34 540i
Just got the Lumia 800 - for now I am surprised how smoothly it works and the screen brilliant. I am not really into customising my phone so there is definitely enough apps for me.

Ph 1 172
Can it be linked to your Xbox what sort of games can you play on it. This is one of the main reasons I like the look of the lumia

Ph 1 172
What size sim cards do the nokias take is it the same as the iPhone 4? (micro sim) just my other half is getting the Nokia and she wants to swop it for my iPhone 4 just want to swop sim cards basically?

R26
Ive got a HTC 7 Trophy and really like the Windows OS.

Also really fancied the Lumia 800 until i read they are working on a new Windows Phone OS 8 which will render all current applications useless!

Ph 1 172
Got to day im very impressed with it so far, its not as good as an iPhone but I got v.bored of my iPhone so I actually prefer as not everyone has one.

The only major concerns I have with it is that the battery life is f**king terrible lasts a maximum of 6hours with me with not much usage (lost 50% of my battery whilst I was asleep doing nothing) also sound quality is s**t from headphone jack hopefully these issues will be getting sorted via updates

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I upgraded from my 3GS to a Lumia 710 at the weekend - liking it so far as well. App selection isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, it's pretty good to be honest - more free ones than I thought too. Admitedly there are one or two missing that I used on my iPhone, but it' hardly make or break, as there are a few I'm finding very useful that are loaded on as standard.

I think they already put out an update to fix battery life? The 710's is fine, lasted me 1 day 3 hours so far, with a lot of usage as you'd expect for a new phone...I imagine it'll average out the same as my iPhone, which is fine.

Any apps you'd reccomend so far? I'd say Connection Tiles is a useful one for quickly turning off WiFi etc. without searching through the menus.