ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW F31
For the final time.

DO NOT Discuss illegal sources on ClioSport.

Jailbreaking, Fine
Unlocking, Fine.

Stealing apps. NOT Fine.

OK?

Sorry Tom :(

Just for the record, jailbreaking imo sucks now iOS4 has pretty much everything it needs.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Do Vodafone offer any good deals for news customers on sim free 30 day contracts? The standard tariffs on their website are not great, certainly not as good as my current o2 tariff (600 mins, 1200 texts and unlimited data - £20)

Depending on where you phone at o2 you can often get a better deal than the advertised tariffs, anywhere at Vodafone do the same? I'd like 900 minutes, 1000 texts and 1gb data for £20-£25 per month on a 30 day contract. Data and minutes allowance are more important to me than texts.

Vodafone online chat couldn't offer anything other than the advertised deals and the best reason they could offer me to change to them was:

Merlin: May be they are offering you a better deal but you konw that we are the best network accross UK.
Merlin: What is the point of going for a cheaper deal but with low reception.

Not quite true where I live and usually use my phone.

White ds3
got my iphone 4 yesterday was my first i phone and is ausum so far had unlimited txts internet and calls and a fre iphone 4 for £30 a month as my bro works for t-mobile. only problem iv got is seting up the app store acount thingy

Just sent mine to the insurance company, dropped it. Screen completely smashed, glass falling out too. Rocking a 3G 8GB for the time being.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Found a scratch on the back of mine yesterday. Seems the glass isn't that strong after all. Mine lives in a pocket on it's own so god knows how it happened.

My griffin reveal etch, sorry for the late reply G4reth:
39695_419249272857_501967857_4880601_2946822_n.jpg

Its really nice actually, doesnt make the phone feel any bigger atall!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I got the clear InCASE case, I love it. Comes with a very nice iPhone 4 stand as well!!!!!!!

Apple sent me it for free, and they also refunded the £25 on my Bumber, and let me keep the bumper! LOL

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Do Vodafone offer any good deals for news customers on sim free 30 day contracts? The standard tariffs on their website are not great, certainly not as good as my current o2 tariff (600 mins, 1200 texts and unlimited data - £20)

Depending on where you phone at o2 you can often get a better deal than the advertised tariffs, anywhere at Vodafone do the same? I'd like 900 minutes, 1000 texts and 1gb data for £20-£25 per month on a 30 day contract. Data and minutes allowance are more important to me than texts.

Vodafone online chat couldn't offer anything other than the advertised deals and the best reason they could offer me to change to them was:

Merlin: May be they are offering you a better deal but you konw that we are the best network accross UK.

FLOL, Vodafone(y) have the worst reception around imo!

Mk4 .:R32
FLOL, Vodafone(y) have the worst reception around imo!

Around the world or around where you live?

I've been on t-mobile, O2, orange and now Vodafone and the 10 mile radius that I generally use the phone in, my signal with Vodafone is awesome in comparison to the other 3.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've had a couple of contracts with them where I used to live, never had a signal most of the time.

We also had a business contract but had to buy ourselves out of it as we never had a signal, this was in Canary Wharf!

SLK 350

I'm on Voda SIM only, 600 mins, unlimited text, 500mb data at £20 a month. However I'll be moving myself and my GF to Tesco, SIM only 500 mins, umlimited text/data for £15 (they also do 750 mins for £20), they pigyback on O2 as I'm sure you know. All are 30 day.

Never above 25mpg
Best mobile network 2010 - cant be that bad. Problem is, no network can "guarantee coverage". But if you get signal, were guaranteed to be faster.

Infact, ourselves and o2 share the same masts.

Both still use the 900mhz GSM band together from when it was BT Cellnet? I read on Esato many moons ago that, that actual wavelength penetrates buildings easier hence giving better signal?

Ben do you work in normal sales or are you in customer services where you can give a bit more to keep a customer?

Never above 25mpg
Im a team manager in sales, you would need retention if you are wanting to be "kept".

Know a few people in there though :)

Ah ok! I've been with voda for a good few years, this number Ive had for about 3-4 I think. Need to have a word as Im due for upgrade at start of the year wouldnt mind an iPhone 4 with the current contract I have just not too costly for the phone itself! Id have to speak to someone I guess :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I did look at Tesco sim only deals and they are great value. I'd rather shift away from the o2 network though as I'm often finding that texts are delivered to me well after they were sent now which is annoying. I'll often get 3 or 4 delivered at one time. Either the problem is the iPhone 4 or my network. Awaiting my PAC code SMS from o2.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Very much depends on where you live with vodafone, I have found round here my 3G signal is much better than it was on O2, and my girlfriend when we went to cornwall and i was still on O2 could get reasonable signal everywhere, I was struggling for any signal at all.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I did look at Tesco sim only deals and they are great value. I'd rather shift away from the o2 network though as I'm often finding that texts are delivered to me well after they were sent now which is annoying. I'll often get 3 or 4 delivered at one time. Either the problem is the iPhone 4 or my network. Awaiting my PAC code SMS from o2.

Doesn't the Tesco network piggyback off the O2 network?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes, when I said I'd rather move away from the o2 network I was including Tesco in that statement. Good value but on o2 so not what I want.

SLK 350
Well from a performance/service POV I can recommend Vodafone. Have done numerous speed tests with O2/Voda side by side and the Voda will pretty much always trump O2 by some margin. I think O2's network is getting pretty saturated these days with all the iPhones latched on to it (especially in London).

Citroen DS3 DSport
I went into my local Vodafone store today hoping they could give me a payg micro-sim to check the signal where I'll most often be using the phone. Unfortunately they showed me the payg sim but wouldn't sell me one because the sims are not currently registered on the network. Bang went that idea!

Audi Q7, Avalanche
had it for a week already had to swap it out due to faulty hardware...... this is going to be the same as the first batch of 3g's, poor QC to simply supply demand! Still, facetime is cool

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
thinking about buying one to upgrade my 3G but im a little unsure so i need people to help convince me i need to get rid of my 3G so i wont feel so bad when i hand over £500.

Going to buy it outright as my current contract is £20 a month for 1200 texts, 600 minutes and unlimited data.

Convince me.... <3

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
if i buy an iPhone 4 in an O2 shop, if i have a problem with it can i take it back to the apple store?

Carl

Anybody rocking on the 3 £15 Sim only deal?

300 any network minutes
3000 texts
2000 Three-to-Three minutes
1GB internet
1 month rolling contract

How much would I be looking at to upgrade on contract? I've had my 3GS just over 12 months (out of 18). The shitty o2 website/store doesn't work outside of the UK. Might just buy one outright, but then I'd have to eat half my sim FFS.

You have to pay your contract off at the special offer of 20 quid per month remaining. Then start fresh as such.

You can request a sim card, Roy. That's no problem. Just send someone into a store over here to get one and post it out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.