ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW E46 330i Touring
It's two issues mate. The ios4 shows signal as being weaker than the old firmware did, so people think they've got poorer signal than they actually do.

The aerial issue leading to dropped calls is a sufferer matter.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Well my phone is suffering with "no sim card inserted" has done it 5 times in the last 5mins....cant replicate it instore so phones 4u basically tell me to piss off. So frustrating i think im actually gonna kill a phones4u salesman with my iphone to prove it is actually usefull for something.

Worst phone ive ever had. So so so bitterly disapointed with it. Im currently suffering with signal loss when in my left hand...so i cant watch a youtube vid. It just about manages it if your in a 5 bar signal area but any less it loses 3g.

Proximity sensor is fucked and mutes people mid call, ends the call or puts them on speaker

The biggest annoyance is it constantly telling me i have no damn sim card inserted.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Well my phone is suffering with "no sim card inserted" has done it 5 times in the last 5mins....cant replicate it instore so phones 4u basically tell me to piss off. So frustrating i think im actually gonna kill a phones4u salesman with my iphone to prove it is actually usefull for something.

Worst phone ive ever had. So so so bitterly disapointed with it. Im currently suffering with signal loss when in my left hand...so i cant watch a youtube vid. It just about manages it if your in a 5 bar signal area but any less it loses 3g.

Proximity sensor is f**ked and mutes people mid call, ends the call or puts them on speaker

The biggest annoyance is it constantly telling me i have no damn sim card inserted.

Like the Gman said, SCREW P4U, Take it to Apple!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ffs i didnt think the signal thing would effect me but last night i ended up getting cut off 3 times in one call due to having a finger near the effected area, then i tried just pressing the back rather than holding the phone and it just slides away!!

i was ready to throw it out the window!!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Apparently they are going to fix the signal issue with a firmware upgrade. ie make the signal bar look like you've got better reception than you have, so the blame for dropped calls is dumped on service providers. They said it was a hardware issue, now it can suddenly be fixed by software update. I love the phone but it is so stupid it has this problem, I think perhaps Apple seeing what they can get away with now that they're the biggest technology company in the world now. I was going to buy the bumper anyway (usually avoid cases at all cost, but apples own case for it...it's good) before the signal issue even arose, so it doesn't make that much difference to my life. Rant over...

I think you have misunderstood, it's to do with the lag swapping between frequencies etc causing the signal to drop they are not going to make it show a better signal than is actually available that's ridiculous, the software update will solve the problem, not mask it.

More evidence for the fact it is software not hardware is the fact people who have updated to OS4 on the 3GS have reported similar signal problems (check the macrumors forum).

There's a post on appleinsider explaining it all in detail, go read it.

I'd still use a case anyway, daft not to on a £500+ phone, even if your the most careful person in the world all it takes is a slip and a bad fall. It still looks awesome in a case especially that armor case that you can hardly tell is there

E87 118d M Sport
I'm sure its not an iPhone4 issue, but can anyone tell me why my Auto-Lock settings are greyed out, i.e. I cant change the duration.
( Settings > General )

E87 118d M Sport
Wonder what the payback on each handset is for marketing and research?
They much have had a good $500million revenue in the last 3 days then!

BMW E46 330i Touring
An American law firm is apparently compiling evidence to begin legal action against Apple with regards to the signal issue...

class action lawsuits are a joke. the only people who get paid are the lawyers. customers will get an itunes voucher or something. storm in a teacup - especially when A LOT of mobile phones do the the same thing.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Is it still worth buying with all the reported problems?

yes, mine has been 100% problem free so far except the signal but i dont hold it like a gorilla!
im very impressed with it and the battery and multitasking sold it for me.
still yet to try face time (any good looking girls??) :cool:

Sorry if it's already been answered, but does the iPhone 4 work with all the in car cd players?

More specifically the Alpine Ida X100 etc?

Sorry if it's already been answered, but does the iPhone 4 work with all the in car cd players?

More specifically the Alpine Ida X100 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.