ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Had a play with a mates today, screen is nice but side by side it's not the amazing difference people are going on about, think they might have forgotten what one looks like having used a s**t phone for a few days, it's good, don't get me wrong but next to a 3GS it wasn't like sd and hd tv for me or the guy who's phone it was.

He said it was much quicker too (he had a 3G before) and we did some tests with launching apps, safari ( I had a 3G signal, him a gprs, even with a bumper on!) and taking a photo and both were about the same tbh. The photos were a lot better on the 4 though, that was obvious.

So all in all I'm not too jealous about the screen now, yes it's better but not as much as people are making out IMO, and in a case you can't see how different they are in the looks dept. Anyway.

I'll be getting one when the White comes out but from a 3GS running 4 it's not the massive difference I was expecting.

Disagree. The screen is noticeably different when comparing it to a 3G, side by side.

+1.

My 3G screen looks positively gash in comparsion to the 4. However, I have discovered the new screen is almost impossible to use in bright daylight, whereas the 3G wasn't too bad.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I didn't compare it to a 3G, it was a 3GS ;)

And we both agreed it was better, but not 4x better and the amazement people have posted on here.

It's such a small screen that IMO it was good before, making such a small screen so much higher resolution isn't as noticeable as if you'd done the same with the iPad.

I agree it's better, just not f**king amazingly better.

All in my opinion ofcourse, I'm no hater, I'll be getting one as soon as White is out.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sorry, just don't think it is, mines running ios4 too and I'm sure the icons on my screen improved in quality after the update, maybe they increased the resolution of the apple icon apps with ios4 for the iPhone 4 and so the 3GS benefited from the increase too.

Side by side, defo not night and day, sorry. Just looked again to make sure.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Sorry, just don't think it is, mines running ios4 too and I'm sure the icons on my screen improved in quality after the update, maybe they increased the resolution of the apple icon apps with ios4 for the iPhone 4 and so the 3GS benefited from the increase too.

Side by side, defo not night and day, sorry. Just looked again to make sure.

You must be looking at a broken 4 or something, the screen difference is massive.

Tesla MP3 2021
On text, the the quality really shows, like when reading emails ,websites etc etc.

When I first turned it on the springboard, app icon was immense but you get use to it.

Overall though, the difference in quality is superior.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the screen is uber good.. like awesomely good. kicks the s**t out of the 3g/3gs screen.

tbh David, you must need some glasses.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The sms screen for one is super sharp now, to suggest otherwise is crazy. The screen has four times the res and double the pixel density of the 3G/3GS

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
So honestly, what's the battery like now in comparison to a 3gs? I've read bloggers claiming it now lasts all day easily with constant heavy use and forum posts on mac rumors saying it's worse than the 3gs. Which is it???

I was going to post about the battery today. I hammered it yesterday and it still had 20% left. With that much use I would have had to charge my old 3G a number of times .

BMW E46 330i Touring
It was crap on Thursday and Friday. I let it completely drain on Friday night and charged up and it was much better yesterday.

My battery is better.

Currently, since lastfull charge;
Standby: 1 day 1 hour
Usage: 5 hours 5 mins
Battery: 37%

On another note, love the camera;

bee4c31b.gif

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Anyone who says the 4 screen isn't much better is crazy or has serious eyesight problems ! That's you Dk ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
Just noticed, when using CoPilot and you quit the app (home button to springboard) the location services (top right corner of the screen) only stays on for a few minutes. So it looks like the multitasking side of it works fine :).

I presume this is the same for TomTom.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't believe the battery life. I've not charged it for two days now, and that's a mixture of HD video recording, call, text and FaceTime.

Love it.

Going to let it run down completely so I can cycle the battery fully.

DC5
I either need to get a life, or something isn't right. Mine hasn't lasted me the day yet. Seems worse than my 3gs.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm not convinced by the battery yet but i guess it's early days yet..

Time since Full charge
Standby - 1day, 17hours
Usage - 4hours, 25mins

Battery - 19%

When you guys charge to do you just leave it over night, or keep an eye on it and switch it off charge once it hits 100%? I can't decide what would be best. On my 3g I just left it over night and ended up having to charge it everynight.

I can't believe the battery life. I've not charged it for two days now, and that's a mixture of HD video recording, call, text and FaceTime.

Love it.

Going to let it run down completely so I can cycle the battery fully.

The main thing I'm looking forward to Gopher. If I get to work with 100%, I'll be on 25% by 9pm so will have to charge before calling the wife. Will make life a lot easier with that sort of battery life!

AK

M240i
I'm not convinced by the battery yet but i guess it's early days yet..

Time since Full charge
Standby - 1day, 17hours
Usage - 4hours, 25mins

Battery - 19%

When you guys charge to do you just leave it over night, or keep an eye on it and switch it off charge once it hits 100%? I can't decide what would be best. On my 3g I just left it over night and ended up having to charge it everynight.

The 3G & 3GS had really bad battery usage and did need to be charged over night, i can't see any problems just leaving the 4 charging overnight also and just letting it run down completely every once in a while.

1.8 Civic EX
cool ok.

On another note, Friday evening I was waiting at a train station to pick up the gf. I had full 3G signal. Loaded up BBC iPlayer and started watching Eastenders cos her train was delayed.

Yesterday, I tried to use the iPlayer, again full 3G signal but a message came up saying "only available to those on 3 or Vodaphone via 3G, please connect to WiFi to continue watching".

Anyone know if they have changed thier terms?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You've never been able to use iPlayer over 3G (on an iPhone), so it must have been a glitch.

Megane
Rhino-

What app did you use for those figures? I used to have it but cant find it now?

I have batteryfree but its different

Status
Not open for further replies.