ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Picked up a bumper today, it's actually not too bad! Obviously not as pretty as the metal edging but still looks quite slick...

Also means I can chuck it around in work and not worry about the metal or "unscratchable" back getting scratched.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I want post pics but have used my 10MB allowance to upload attachments. Where do I find my existing attached images so I can delete them!?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
im a complete noob to i phones ive just got mine please dont mock me too hard but do i put in micro sim before conecting to computer? and how do i put the sim in????:S

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
im a complete noob to i phones ive just got mine please dont mock me too hard but do i put in micro sim before conecting to computer? and how do i put the sim in????:S

Yeah sim in before plugging into pc and look at the guide in the box for sim. Stop being lazy ;)

Honda. Tesla Someday

The little box in your iPhone 4 box has a small metal thing attached inside the cover. It looks a little bit like a paperclip. Get that, and put it through the small hole on the side of the iPhone. This will release the micro-sim tray.

BMW E46 330i Touring
That's the Apple official bumper. Painful at £25 but I have to admit it's good quality and suits the phone...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Anyone have problems with their proximity sensor?

Is that the sensor that turns the screen off when the phone is by your ear when on the phone?

If so, i am...phone keeps pressing the mute button when against my face. Really annoying

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm not but it's a known problem. Looks like it's more related to a certain batch than a widespread problem. Well, I guess it's still widespread if a batch contains 10's of thousands if units!

Megane
I'm not but it's a known problem. Looks like it's more related to a certain batch than a widespread problem. Well, I guess it's still widespread if a batch contains 10's of thousands if units!

Its b****cks, I wonder when this first batch will be done with and they might start listening to these problems and fixing it. I would sack all the testers tbh

Abarth 500 Essesse
Mines just turned the loudspeaker on when it touched my face, oh well will have to see if it carries on doing it, if it does i'll nip into apple into apple next week for a swap

BMW E46 330i Touring
Its b****cks, I wonder when this first batch will be done with and they might start listening to these problems and fixing it. I would sack all the testers tbh

The sensor issue seems to be genuinely sporadic - not a problem on mine.

Megane
Mines just turned the loudspeaker on when it touched my face, oh well will have to see if it carries on doing it, if it does i'll nip into apple into apple next week for a swap

Mine does that mainly, but sometimes it adds calls or brings up the keypad and number crunches. Hopefully it will be a firmware fix?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Finally just picked mine up - got the last one in Bluewater!

Just plugged it into iTunes but it's telling me the size is 14Gb and no 16Gb, is this a problem? Should they show 16Gb?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
ok think im nearly set up got my email working but the facebook app when i log in just keeps saying logging in it never gets into it any help?. also ive got no service my old sim card in my old phone is saying rejected so should my new sim card not be active now?

Megane
ok think im nearly set up got my email working but the facebook app when i log in just keeps saying logging in it never gets into it any help?. also ive got no service my old sim card in my old phone is saying rejected so should my new sim card not be active now?

Can take up to 2 hours between sims

Leon Cupra 300
Picked my phone up today! :D

As a n00b to iPhone.. if i've got wifi switched on and am connected to a network (like home) will it always use that connection>?

and only if that is not available will it use the data?

When you're out and about do you always search for an available wifi connection before using your data?

E87 118d M Sport
LOL.
Went to Ross on Wye earlier with the GF.
Walked into Phones4u and on the offchance said "have you got any iphone 4's".

Turns out they had one 32gb left.

Atleast the moaning will stop. All ive heard since thursday is I WANT ONT BLAH ETC

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Picked my phone up today! :D

As a n00b to iPhone.. if i've got wifi switched on and am connected to a network (like home) will it always use that connection>?

and only if that is not available will it use the data?

When you're out and about do you always search for an available wifi connection before using your data?

Yeah if you're on WiFi then it won't use your data allowance.

Fabia vrs tdi
Girlfriend just tried to update to 4 on her 3g and it said it couldn't restore - deleted the ipsw file or whatever it's called and tried it again but it just said again can't restore so her phones bricked and moaning at me for suggesting it :-/

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
f**k me this thing is quick!

CoPilot runs like a dream on it!

Does copilot manage to keep track of your position?

Or does it lag at all and lose your position.

i couldn't rely on my 3gs with tomtom nor co-pilot as it would drift off and id be in the next field rather than my actual position.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
LOL.
Went to Ross on Wye earlier with the GF.
Walked into Phones4u and on the offchance said "have you got any iphone 4's".

Turns out they had one 32gb left.

Atleast the moaning will stop. All ive heard since thursday is I WANT ONT BLAH ETC

I also went in there earlier to see if they had any voda PAYG sim. Thought I'd see whether they had any cases but none till next week.

I forgotten about the sim which is a big FAIL on my part.:eek:

He did suggest taping the phone to my arm with gaffa tape to prevent me from dropping it. hmm

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Does copilot manage to keep track of your position?

Or does it lag at all and lose your position.

i couldn't rely on my 3gs with tomtom nor co-pilot as it would drift off and id be in the next field rather than my actual position.

Not tried it out properly but had a little play indoors ... my 3G worked pretty well with CoPilot, it was a little slow but perfectly acceptable!

E87 118d M Sport
Tried tomtom (updated version) on the iPhone4 today.
Worked quicker than on the 3GS.
If you close it, make sure you close it in the multitask bar or it will keep running (unlike other apps)

Status
Not open for further replies.