ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  M135i
Theve closed the queue in TC but you get a ticket if ytoiu want to come back tomorrow they will keep it till then

Its aload of b****cks tbh :/ prob a fail because i didnt book the day off work but having reserved one i would of thought night would have cleared up but seems like alot of demand.

I live a fair drive away and dont have a car myself atm so im havion to pay someone petrol money JUST to go pick a ticket up and then go back again tomoro ( and most probably queue for hours :dapprove:)

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think it's funny how people are criticising retailers and networks because they have experienced busy levels that they have never before experienced.

It's hardly Apple's fault that everyone decided to QUEUE, is it?

Mk4 .:R32
may sound a stupid question, but which way up does the sim card go?

chip towards the screen or the back of the phone?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Anyone having email issues with Yahoo Mail? Loads of emails dated from 1970, no sender or subject details, and I can't delete or read them. Don't show up in my 'actual' account when I check properly through Yahoo...?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm loving having the net on my phone again, two weeks with a crap old Nokia was not at all fun. The screen on the iPhone 4 makes it suitable for browsing while sat in front of the tv. Glad I didn't buy a iPad.

MINI FJCW
Yeah the screen and internet is so lovely, internet is uber quick for me aswell!

Anyone got any pictures with the bumpers on ?

MINI FJCW
Lol, I still havent been charged? If so, then WIN!

Does anyone know if the bumper cases are available in Apple outlets already ?

Ive always wanted one but didnt want to delay my delivery but ive also heard it fixes the no signal issue.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Been waiting since 4.30 this afternoon for my microsim to be activated and still nothing :(

tried turning it on and off ore tmes than i did on my 3gs in the last year!

Different models of iphone with ios4 installed having problems with the signal..

iphone 3g ios4:

[youtube]84Lpt2YkF3Q[/youtube]

iphone 3gs ios4:

[youtube]pOLuwZ_GVsc[/youtube]

interesting...

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Went to Phones4u today to collect my "order" which wasn't there. I kicked off a bit seeing as I went into the shop at 0720 this morning to pick it up to be told to come back in the afternoon as they've not arrived yet!

Phoned up earlier to confirm they was in to be told "yes". :( The manager told me he would sort me out with something, which I guess is there crappy phone insurance which they try and sell me everytime!

Not a happy bunny ... but I've been "promised" one tomorrow ... hmmm!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm a tad concerned what the signal is going to be like once I leave my home... haven't once seen the '3G' logo yet which was ever-present on my previous iPhone when at home.

1.8 Civic EX
just finished setting mine up and syncing all my old stuff over...

i know its been said a million times but...OMG the screen!! it's 'mazin' lol

Abarth 500 Essesse
If the signal thing is os4 related at least its fixable with a sw update, i can make mine replicate the fault but it doesn't affect the use of the phone for me

182 RB FF
Yeah the screen and internet is so lovely, internet is uber quick for me aswell!

Anyone got any pictures with the bumpers on ?

I bought a bumper from Apple this morning, will try and get a pic up for you shortly.

Lol, I still havent been charged? If so, then WIN!

Does anyone know if the bumper cases are available in Apple outlets already ?

Ive always wanted one but didnt want to delay my delivery but ive also heard it fixes the no signal issue.

See above reply mate.

anyones activated yet? my old sim has stoped working but new one hasnt started yet

Gf and I got our phones about 08:30 this morning, apple activated both. My sim activated in a few hours but the GF is still waiting for the old one to deactivate. Have taken both sims out a few times but doesn't help. I know there're delays but people activating since then are using there micro sims now.

Will give it till the morning then call.

Epic fail

Went to apple store today at 6.30. Told the queue was too long and had to come back tomorrow for my preorder :(:( ahwell my wee bro came with me so we wnt for sushi then in spoons for the japan game.

Ps he's 18 tomorrow so first time we have been to pub together

Last edited:
  Abarth 500 Essesse
Some quick editing there, was about to say 8 is a little young!!

This signal thing is gay, if you're browsing in landscape and holding both ends of the phone you lose all signal making web browsing very slow or it just doesn't work as it has no signal.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
As anyone tested tomtom or copilot?

Its supposed to have a better broadcomm chip as per the ipad.

I couldn't rely on my 3gs as it just lost my location and lagged too far behind.

Is Iphone 4 better?

Thanks

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
As anyone tested tomtom or copilot?

Its supposed to have a better broadcomm chip as per the ipad.

I couldn't rely on my 3gs as it just lost my location and lagged too far behind.

Is Iphone 4 better?

Thanks

Co pilot has gone tits up I know that. GPS locks on super quick on maps though.

Don't bother with those pikeys at phones4u. Oh we'll have White iPhones! Oh really, I think most would settle for you to actually have iPhones full stop.

57 Clio Campus Sport
If your old sim has deactivated, reset iPhone 4 and it should then be activated.

Mine was activated within an hour, plugged it into itunes and my facetime is activated as well.

Last edited:
  Abarth 500 Essesse
So is no one else having this signal problem??? or are we all ignoring it for now because of the screen!

57 Clio Campus Sport
Reset fixed facetime for her. My signal has been 4/5 bars but if i hold in right hand goes down to 1 bar...I guess they've made it so you have to buy their £25 bumper to fix it

BMW E46 330i Touring
BBC said:
Richard Warner, who bought his iPhone 4 on Wednesday morning, contacted BBC News, saying that he thought the phone was "useless in its current state".

SRS? Signal drops but the signal is still there for me...

Maybe his is useless because he bought it a day early... knock-off merchandise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.