ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

Simple solution take the Videos and then download them from the iPhone ;)

Pauper. I thought you had class... heroes roll with 32gb's.

Even if they wait for them to be white... :eek:

When did you order? I did mine at about 11am (having been trying since 9am) and my dock said 2nd July. Which put the whole order back. So I cancelled it.

Yea same with mine, i have just cancelled the dock and now it has put it back to 'delivers on 24th'. Cheers for that.

Are you waiting til after your phone is delivered to order a dock now then?

I might see if I can get one in a store or something.

I'm not waiting an extra 10days of the sake of a dock! Lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I cancelled the bumper and it made no difference at all to my delivery estimate :D

I think I've decided to completely cancel my online order and collect my Apple Store reservation instead so that I can guarantee getting it next Thursday.

-

I cant buy it sim free in the US. Has to come with a AT&T 2 year contract!!!

Wait for my contract renewal with vodafone in August?

Tesla MP3 2021

Just tried to reserve one at some "local" stores and there are none left.

LY 182

I hope we can get the bloody things on the 24th from the networks!

Mk4 .:R32

I wonder what the profit margin is on each iPhone?

16gb for £499....it must only cost about £50 per unit to make including shipping etc. Plus they'll be abusing the hell out of economies of scale and cheap labour

I suppose you're pay for all the research and development that apple do!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm really hoping that the white version is available at launch.

Lee

BMW M2C

I've decided I'm going to rock up to my local o2 store at 8 am and get one. I can't imagine the scum of Cannock having enough dole money to get one, so I'm not expecting large queues!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LOL. I think I might do the same at the Trafford Centre.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I might do the same this time also, I regretted not doing it last time. I watched the video for the first time last night and can't wait, looks in a different league to my 3G.

340i

I've decided I'm going to rock up to my local o2 store at 8 am and get one. I can't imagine the scum of Cannock having enough dole money to get one, so I'm not expecting large queues!

LOL

Lee

BMW M2C

Knowing my luck it will be Modern Warfare 2 all over again. I didn't think there would be large queues for that at Cannock Sainsburys, when I got there at opening time there was over 100 people in front of me. lol. Luckily they had a lot of copies.

The guy in the o2 store said that they are getting stock on the 21st and they're not doing pre orders for fear of not being able to fullfil them.

172 mk2

Why didn't you wait and get one from a Network, on release day?

will pop into places on the 24th and could always cancell the order i suppose.

pimpin with my payg samsung d900 at the min, luckily sold my 3g a couple of weeks ago before the new release news

anyone using worse whilst waiting for their new toy?

182 RB FF

I'm really hoping that the white version is available at launch.

Really I don't think you have mentioned that? i thought you wanted black?

Also doing the same, I've preordered one from Apple Regent street, but can't be assed to travel into london. Might take my chances at Enfield or Harlow O2 stores, lots of work dodgers around here!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i've actually gone off the idea of upgrading at launch now, blessing of the phone unlcoked being over priced and white not being available has saved me £600 i think.

i'll get one in a short while i guess but i'm no longer creaming over it.

my 3gs with the new firmware will be great anyway so i'll enjoy that as if its a new phone for a bit.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

I'm sure the new iphone would cost about £100-£200 to manufacture!
I was going to go and pick one up from milton keynes but I have too much work on and with my new employee starting next week its too much hassle!
They best deliver it on launch day!! Lol

E87 118d M Sport

Actual cost per unit is around $62. So he wasn't that far off.

Link to the facts?
The material cost may be $62, but theres no way they cost that little to produce including research payback, manufacture/assembly, shipping etc.

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Im thinking the same as you dk. ride out this contract and then get a simplicity tarrif with PAYG next year

BMW E46 330i Touring

A bit ominous that O2 were creating a 'countdown' hype which they have now stopped. My guess is they planned to at least release prices on the Apple pre-order day but have held off as the networks have blatantly engaged in a game of iPhone "who blinks first"...

The whole thing feels a bit strained now. Apple are laughing all the way to the bank though!

A bit ominous that O2 were creating a 'countdown' hype which they have now stopped. My guess is they planned to at least release prices on the Apple pre-order day but have held off as the networks have blatantly engaged in a game of iPhone "who blinks first"...

The whole thing feels a bit strained now. Apple are laughing all the way to the bank though!

I agree.

After my pre order yesterday for the Sim free phone, I'm having doubts now, assuming the networks payg phones will be cheaper.

LY 182

Orange prices look okay! Not liking the the 500 txts per month cap on 18 month deals though!

Need to see the others!

MINI FJCW

Only £30 cheaper on Orange on PAYG, rather have it direct from Apple with it also being unlocked!

Tesla MP3 2021

So I presume O2 will be very similar with their prices so if the difference is £30 there abouts then thats fine with me. I will be keeping my order from Apple.

Just hope my Micro SIM arrives prior to the 24th.

Track 172cup

was roughly about what i was expecting tbh

tempted to just keep my 3GS till next year

LY 182

Those kinda prices fly fine with me. Just need to know the deals with 02 and Vodafone now. Hopefully Orange releasing there's will trigger them to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.