ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has 2 apparently. I'm not fussed about all the 'quirks' in OS4, or the fact it's bloody unreliable, so i'm in no great rush. Never buy 1st gen Apple stuff!

People aren't getting a signal? Erm....LOL.

That's why I decided to keep my 3GS for 3 months

I got a day 1 3GS and the screen was wonky and it filled with dust - nearly all the launch ones did

I suspected the iPhone 4 would have a launch issue - I wasn't expecting something as massive as holding the phone stops you getting reception though LOL

TNT???

Still no sign of mine, its been on the van since 6:50, f**kers!!! lol

Yeah TNT.

I've been watching the entrance all morning, he must have been stealth as I didn't see him. Reception lady said the driver told her what it was, and she kept it safe :cool:

7th in the queue for o2 in Irvine this morning. Walked out at 8:30 with a new shiny iPhone4. The only problem I have is that I need to register my micro sim, but my 3G isn't getting signal since I updated it to iOS4 so I cannot receive the code to enter online?

Anyone had this problem?

FF RB 182
Do you have them all saved on your SIM? If so go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > scroll 'Import SIM contacts' (if it is the same as 3GS - which I'd expect it to be)

If you've got one of those micro sims you maaaaay have to enter the numbers manually as I assume the micro sim won't fit in your old phone.

My old phone is a Samsung tocco so its a normal sim card. Looks like I going to have to enter the numbers manually. Boooo!!!

1.8 Civic EX
My old phone is a Samsung tocco so its a normal sim card. Looks like I going to have to enter the numbers manually. Boooo!!!

the micro sims are the same size as the normal sim to start with. The smaller bit is perferated so you can pop it out when you get the iPhone 4. I'm using my "micro sim" in my old samsung d600. Have been all week. When I get the phone later today just pop out the smaller bit and put it in the new phone. done.

And what the f**k is 4G?!?!?! lol :banghead:

Ibiza FR
Can get £215 for my 3G, and then Early upgrade offer is £240, I was going to get it today but might wait for the teething issues to disappear now! Offers on for a month anyways :)

57 Clio Campus Sport
Can get £215 for my 3G, and then Early upgrade offer is £240, I was going to get it today but might wait for the teething issues to disappear now! Offers on for a month anyways :)

Where you get £215 for 3G? Highest I've seen it £180 @ envirophone.

FF RB 182
the micro sims are the same size as the normal sim to start with. The smaller bit is perferated so you can pop it out when you get the iPhone 4. I'm using my "micro sim" in my old samsung d600. Have been all week. When I get the phone later today just pop out the smaller bit and put it in the new phone. done.

Ahhhhhh right. Thank you :)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
ITS SO PRETTY!

250+ queueing at Apple store in Southampton. Pretty much walked in though since i was buying Sim free obvioulsy thats after a Free krispy cream and coffee :)

Oh BTW the bumper fits like a glove, well worth the £25

HURRY UP AND SYNC DAMN IT!

UPS set off at 6am and still not here! The tracking function should let me see where he is on google maps, then i can go and hi-jack his truck!

57 Clio Campus Sport
41s = 51mb so 13mins = 1GB so an hour is about 4GB.

I sync my iPhone at least weekly and don't store that much music on it, have iPod Classic in car and MB at home. I honestly don't see space being an issue. Don't record that much video on it anyway lol. If I know I'll be recording something worth keeping I take 1080p HD camcorder. Space on iPhone will be plenty for one off moments lol.

Especially with iMovie on it, even if I want to keep some funny moments on my iPhone to show people I can edit that section with iMovie instead of keeping the whole file on it.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just tested the camera incase people interested... uploaded to mobile me which compresses and they loose a bit of quality!

web.jpg

web.jpg

im amazed tbh... for a phone camera its stunning!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh its 5mp but has a large sensor in it honestly the best phone camera i have used.

Status
Not open for further replies.