ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 cases....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Imagine having to explain to people what it was and indeed why you have one!!!

Misses has the incase one that came free with the apple programme. Pretty good IMO, wouldn't really know its there. Have a case-mate barely there on my HTC which is basically the same thing but with a more rubbery feel.

iPhone 4 doesn't need a case really. It's robust as f**k. I use a leather slipcase when I'm at work just to soften the blow of any little knocks on the screen. Otherwise I roll commando and it still looks brand new.

It doesn't get micro marred like the 3G & 3Gs (or the bezel on the 2G), which all got micro marred by cases anyway.

Off topic. Hold your iPhone 4 vertically by the glass, between thumb and index finger, as hard as you dare. You will feel it ever so slowly slipping through your grip. Smoothest glass in the galaxy? Alien glass.

Bus w**ker
I had the incase clear from the apple free thing. I've never dropped my phone since I've had it, pass it to my clumsy c**t of a mate to speak to someone and the prick dropped it. So I've now got a few small chips and scratches on the front, if it didn't have the case it would have been worse as it made it slightly raised up off the gritty pavement. Case has cracked though so I've replaced it with a Griffin clear flexsomethingorother, but tbh I'd rather roll sans case...if I wasn't a pussy lol.

They don't need a screen protector. The protector will scratch. The screen will not. Had three iPhones now and none of them have ever suffered a blemish on the glass. Seen a few with scratched protectors though. Waste of effort and totally counter productive.

Bus w**ker
They don't need a screen protector. The protector will scratch. The screen will not. Had three iPhones now and none of them have ever suffered a blemish on the glass. Seen a few with scratched protectors though. Waste of effort and totally counter productive.

Roy, you know glass scratches; right? Back of my ip4 was scratched on the first day and it only went in my pocket (on it's own) and on my desk. I'd rather have a scratched protector than the glass, I can replace the protectors cheaply and easily...the glass not so much.

Bus w**ker
I've no idea what scratched it. But I never put my phone in a pocket with any thing else in it and it only went there and on my desk. Light scratches so possibly some grit or something if I had to guess.

Amarok
Mines in my pocket all day, gets covered in dust, little bits of brick, answered with dirty "cementy" hands ect and still looks like new after a little wipe.

Cases kinda make you look like a tool...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've got the clear caze case! Provides ample protection tbh...

I've just ordered an incase smoked snap on case so I'll let you know how I get on with that. Problem with the clear caze is that it scratch's too easily and creates a "rainbow" effect in places where the case sits too tight against the back of the iPhone.

Best case I ever bought for my 3G was the incase slider. Problem with the iPhone4 incase slider is that it overlaps the corner of the screen meaning that you won't be able to fit a screen protector snuggly.

Never above 25mpg

That's good going. My 3G had a nice 2" scratch on the right hand side of the screen.

Fiesta ST3
my caze zero 5 arrived this morning really nice case hardly notice its on compared to my incase snap..

Fiesta ST3
Pretty boring but I'm using a speck pixelskin hd with screen protector on each side

Does the job and not too bulky

Honda. Tesla Someday
I tried the Zagg invisible shield, absolute crap! They admited on the phone to me that the one they are selling for the iPhone 4 is to be recalled as it won't permanently stay on as its meant to!

So now I have the Incase clear, one of the free ones from Apple. I love it!

No screen protector - no point having retina display if you're just gonna f*ckin ruin it! LOL

i did get a scratch on it, but the scratch faded away over about a month somehow and now its 100% not there!

edit: also had a £25 bumper from launch day, hated it! Made it feel like a damn 3GS!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What is it that bring advertisers here? Do they search google every 5 minutes?

And they loook s**t.

I like the alu ones, they're different.

A silver one
Exactly, i'll stick with my bumper.

Bumper with screen protectors on either side. Done.

Had my iPhone 4 since July and always used the clear Belkin case I got for free from Apple with a screen protector on the front.

Had a white bumper for Christmas, put in on on Boxing day and by the 27th my phone had got a lovely scratch on the Apple logo. Bumpers are useless for protection front and back.

What screen protectors do people use on the back? Link?