ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone 3gs repair screen?

Ph1 172
my screen was cracked a few months ago and then a week after that the touch pad stopped working. i bought one repair kit of a guy on ebay and stripped down the old screen and fitted the new parts. on connecting the screen to the mother board i found the cheap chinease kit would not fit the connectors. after speaking to the seller they refunded me and said this was a bad batch they were having problems with.
skip forward to last week i bought a complete assembled front screen with the touch pad and button in. it should have been a quick fix as described by new seller but ive found the conectors to be different again.

has anyone had the same problem or can you recommend a place where i can get a cheap genuine apple screen. i can fit it all my self so dont really see the point sending it off to the hundreds of iphone repair centres that charge for a service i can do.

nathan

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I have replaced my 3GS screen twice (Lasted 18months without doing any significant damage then two new screens needed in the space of a month after unlucky drops) and my m8's once, all three were cheap ebay ones (£5.50) and were ok in terms of connectors.

I bought from UK sellers only (no xenophobia, just wanted them quickly).

There was a thread about this a few days ago as well, I can't remember seeing anyone post problems.