ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3g Fault

Hi all, i have a iPhone 3G which i am trying to recover and i cant get it to do anything.

When i connect it to my pc iTunes doesnt reconise there is anything connected and when i try to boot the phone into recovery mode it keeps freeze on the iTunes connect screen.

Any suggestions?

Fiesta ST-2
There's another way to restore do the normal soft reset but hold down for 10 second then release the home button I think? Must be connected to the computer with iTunes running

Plug it in. Hold both buttons until it resets. Not just turns off. Might not work 1st time, but it will eventually.

Or look on YouTube for how to put it in DFU mode.

Plug it in. Hold both buttons until it resets. Not just turns off. Might not work 1st time, but it will eventually.

Or look on YouTube for how to put it in DFU mode.
Tried all that mate, iTunes refuses to pick up the phone and it just stays stuck on the connect to iTunes screen. :S

Fiesta ST-2
As revels said DFU mode. I used an aftermarket portable charger,fried my battery and killed the phone. DFU mode saved it

Can't get it to go into DFU mode, it just keeps freezing, i'll keep trying it. I take it would be easier to do this type of thing with a Mac rather than a PC?