ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

Clio 182
nope i went for the just wifi and ordered my self a Novatel Mifi router as work pay for 3g service for me and i dont think they would swap the sim to the micro sim

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Played with one today and am a die hard apple fan but i really dont get this at all.

It really was just a big itouch, i wanted to love it, i wanted to be tempted to buy one there and then but i wasn't. I saw no place in my life i would use it, it served no purpose that isn't currently covered by either my iphone while out/macbook while in :S

:( Disappointed tbh

Honda. Tesla Someday
Played with one today and am a die hard apple fan but i really dont get this at all.

It really was just a big itouch, i wanted to love it, i wanted to be tempted to buy one there and then but i wasn't. I saw no place in my life i would use it, it served no purpose that isn't currently covered by either my iphone while out/macbook while in :S

what did you expect!?!?!?! Its just a fancy Tablet PC

Not die hard enough Mike :dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I'm in the same boat (MBP and iPhone) but I think the iPad was actually better then I expected TBH.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I was expecting ipad only apps that make me think i need it, i didn't see anything that made me think i needed it.

I hope in the future some decent apps will be out for it which make it appeal but atm its a no from me

:(
I have quite a few great iPad only apps now, playing with one in a shop won't really do it justice.

Need someone who's had one for a few days to show you what it's really about

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have quite a few great iPad only apps now, playing with one in a shop won't really do it justice.

Need someone who's had one for a few days to show you what it's really about

Hopefully a guy at work will have one next week so will have a play with his, he is obsessed with pda's/ipod touchs/iphones so will probably have been in line on friday lol

Btw, did you know your on the tapatalk app screenshots in the app store?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hopefully a guy at work will have one next week so will have a play with his, he is obsessed with pda's/ipod touchs/iphones so will probably have been in line on friday lol

Btw, did you know your on the tapatalk app screenshots in the app store?
Lol, yes, I've never even used it.

I think people at comparing it to the wrong items. Its not supposed to replace your iPhone or iPod Touch. Its something to replace the likes of a netbook.

2.2 bar shed.
There most my favorite sites then...

ObviousTroll.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i actually can't remember the last site i went to that didn't work.

What are all these many flash sites you regularly use then?

p**n sites popular with those who like bad quality video encoding.

Clio 182
I went to Meadowhall today to get one with my friend, but they only had the 64GB ones :( so both him and I are on the 'Priority List' for when their next delivery comes in, which will hopefully be this week. Spent about an hour on one of the demo units and loved it! it fits perfectly between my iPhone and iMac, to make my life complete. I love you Steve xxx

I went to Meadowhall today to get one with my friend, but they only had the 64GB ones :( so both him and I are on the 'Priority List' for when their next delivery comes in, which will hopefully be this week. Spent about an hour on one of the demo units and loved it! it fits perfectly between my iPhone and iMac, to make my life complete. I love you Steve xxx

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/iPad_stores-658-commercial.html

Apparently Meadowhall PC World have them in stock according to that! Not sure what size though

Clio 182 cup'd
Krispwee said:
I think people at comparing it to the wrong items. Its not supposed to replace your iPhone or iPod Touch. Its something to replace the likes of a netbook.

Ooo rly?!

Monaco 172
After some advice on getting one of these badboys.

I currently have a 13 inch macbook, sole use is browsing, facebook, youtube and itunes.

Is it worth trading my mb for an ipad given my use?

Do I need a computer for the ipad to rely on for updates?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You wont need one, you might want one.

You'll need a PC/Mac to make use of its full capabilities.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

It would freeze while scrolling every now and again and then work. Apparently it froze last night and now it won't turn on properly, it just illuminates a black screen.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Good video blog from Jake, I imagine the BBC will force him to cover up the Apple logo on that soon after they get a flood of complaints for product placement.

Monaco 172
Music isn't an issue, I get the majority of mine from youtube. And what I do have I can back up onto one of the other laptops in the house. Hnmmmm tempted!