ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad remote access

Focus ST-3
Does anyone have any experience of any iPad remote access apps? Can anyone comment on splashtop or team viewer?

Any others worth looking at?

Splashtop is excellent although I never tried it over the web. It changes the resolution so that it actually fits your iPad screen rather than using the res that the PC/Mac is using which makes it extremely usable. I'd certainly use it over TeamViewer which is more suited for normal remote access from another computer.

Focus ST-3
I have just tried team viewer as it is completely free, and it works very well. AV streaming is out the question though, neither work. Well video does but it's shocking. Very good for most other things though. File transfer seems to work well enough too.

The attractive thing with splashtop is that you can also stream AV, so I understand. Is that right? The problem being it is only free for 5 minutes and then you have to subscribe monthly.

What are the features/limitations of logmein? I've not heard of it before. Is it free?

Last edited:
  Cupra
If your on the same network then iTap RDP. For outside the network, then logmein is great.

If you want to stream rather than just work on a pc, you should take a look at Plex or other streaming specific services for the PC rather than a remote desktop.

Focus ST-3
If your on the same network then iTap RDP. For outside the network, then logmein is great.

If you want to stream rather than just work on a pc, you should take a look at Plex or other streaming specific services for the PC rather than a remote desktop.

Good shout Andy, plex looks a pretty good solution for streaming, only £2.99 as well. May just use that and team viewer and I have the best of both worlds.

Focus ST-3
thanks again Andy, plex is brilliant. cant believe I hadnt heard of it before. with a bit of fiddleing with ports etc I can also access it from off my home network. great little app, well worth the money.