ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Saw one in the Apple store in Bath on Wednesday, gorgeous devices but the screen would put me off, I would pay the extra for the retina iPad.

I would have a mini now if it had retina. I'll just keep my ipad 2 until they bring out a mini with retina screen, probably in 6 months time. ;)

LY 182
If I already had an iPad I think that's the way I'd go too.

However I don't, and I've got a reasonable commute starting in January so the mini seems the more practical option for me. I'll be sure to upgrade when the retina version comes out.

Spent ages comparing side by side on various websites, YouTube vids and games and retina display would be nice and an inevitable v2 upgrade in a year but not a fan of the iPad size so have a new shiny 32gb black mini :D

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The YouTube app isn't on the iPad yet is it? There are other alternatives though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
6ejy2yna.jpg

Citroen DS3 DSport
I had a look at the Mini in my local Apple store and as I expected it's a lovely size but the screen is terrible when you are used to retina.

It kept being weird with me and wouldn't let me play videos at one point so I just found YouPlayer. Jasmine is prettier though.

I had a look at the Mini in my local Apple store and as I expected it's a lovely size but the screen is terrible when you are used to retina.

Couldnt agree more. Love the size and weight of the mini but after having a play with one today in the store i was really let down by the screen.
Cant stand looking at fuzzy low res text now. Makes me feel like my eyes arent focusing on the screen correctly.

Takes a couple of minutes to get over it but I don't see why anyone would buy an iPad now! I guess that's a reason apple didn't go retina in mk1, then there really would be little point. How'd I live without one of these :clown:

LY 182
Yep still scheduled for tomorrow here as well. I'll be at work though so god knows how / when I'll be able to get it.

Luckily, i'm not at work until the evening, plus my dad is on annual leave this week. Ill be gutted if it doesn't come early though. 13.5 hours work on Thursday means I won't be playing on it then lol.

Excite.

LY 182
I'm 5 minutes down the road from work so I'm hoping I might get a call or something but I doubt this. Should have just asked for them to send it to work FFS.

LY 182
Spoke to TNT this morning. No idea of delivery time, could be from 8-6.

Will just rearrange and get it delivered to work. Local depot is about 20 minute drive from me so I won't be rushing out to collect it.

Couldn't wait for the delivery to be attempted while I was at work so popped to the depot this morning! :D

Loving it so far, need to get some decent apps on it.

480958_10152260146415290_325197343_n.jpg

Attachments

• 480958_10152260146415290_325197343_n.jpg
    480958_10152260146415290_325197343_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 63
  LY 182
Just been on the TNT site and it's showing up the failed delivery attempt :dapprove:

Hopefully I can get it rearranged for tomorrow.

Mercedes
Do Apple allow them to be signed for by a neighbour? mine is showing delivered today but I am at work

I'm proper loving the iPad. Don't know why I ever got rid of my original one.
Love the size and sheer lightness of it too.

i can see that the MacBook will be gathering dust now until I can afford to upgrade that to the iMac.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm proper loving the iPad. Don't know why I ever got rid of my original one.
Love the size and sheer lightness of it too.

i can see that the MacBook will be gathering dust now until I can afford to upgrade that to the iMac.

I've used my MacBook Pro once since getting the iPad mini. Don't know if that is good thing or bad haha?

LY 182
Just had a very quick play with it during my lunch break. In love with it already! Had a quick browse on the web, watched a Youtube video and installed the Twitter app. Feels lovely in the hand and the screen is absolutely no issue to me whatsoever. If you were to go from a retina screen instantly to the mini screen you'll see a difference of course, but it's really not that bad.

I couldn't put anybody off having one if they crave something more portable. This thing is going to be an absolute godsend for me when I start commuting in January.

Can't wait to get home later and get loads of apps sorted.