ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad and iphone wifi issues...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Anyone else have performance issues on wifi with either??? I'm almost thinking its a ios5 issue... My iphone used to be fine but my 4s and iPad 2 are both having issues, I'm in the middle of nowhere but still don't expect it to be this bad... It seems to pick and choose when to mess about too, say I'm watching a YouTube video, one min it will buffer and download instantly next min it could take a good 10-15 mins to download which just takes the piss yet, MacBook pro and even my lg tv will download and play much faster with o issues like the iPad or iphone....

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had issues with my old router and crap iphone wifi. laptop was fine but the iphone did exactly what you described. I changed the router and it was fine.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My iPhone Was doing something similar. It turned out my 3G was faster than my wifi connection. Wtf?

Who is your broadband with?

SQ5
My iPad and iPhone can't pick up as well as my laptop can.

Before I got another WAP in my bedroom, iPad would barely pick up the router, laptop would be 50% no problem

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My d link router was ace. I got full signal for it stood outside my house is the car park. Are you sure yours has been set up right ?

Clio 197 F1
If you have an N rated router try dropping the interface type down to B/G. We get this all the time in work and this should fix it. Also change the channel as mentioned above.

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you have an N rated router try dropping the interface type down to B/G. We get this all the time in work and this should fix it. Also change the channel as mentioned above.

This, I had issues like this and turned N off on my router and it's been perfect since.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its because of the 5Ghz thing most likely.

Non dual band N routers suck. (or the fact that the iphone and ipad dont have dual band support)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i turned the n band off but it was a dual band... doesn't seem to of made a major difference... also changed the channel for all that will do lol...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You could also try tweaking the security (change it from wpa2 to wep or whatever) or manually adding the network.