ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad air or iPad mini retina.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Am I right in thinking they are the same, apart from the screen size?

I can get the 16gb Air for £311 and 16gb retina for £256.

Is the air worth the extra, anyone got either and wish they'd bought the other?

AK

M240i
Both the same apart from the mini's ppi is higher.

I've an Air however I'll be buying a mini next round, as I prefer the smaller screen when travelling around London etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That's Why I'm thinking a mini, I already have an iPad 2 and think it's rather big. Do the new ones come out anytime soon?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I went air, prefer the bigger screen and it's so much lighter than the 2 you currently have, and smaller as they have slimmed down the bezel.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a normal size iPad and now have the new Retina Mini. I will never go back. I just don't see why you'd need a bigger screen to be honest.

Also it fits in the Mrs bag brilliantly without her moaning. Result

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got both (mine is the Air and my daughter's is the mini)

I'd recommend you get the Air tbh, the mini is too small really.

172 Cup (Track)
Ive got both and the Mini retina is the one i prefer. As said already, its got a perfect size screen and isnt too clumsy to take everywhere.

dk

911 GTS Cab
so heres the run down

Tom
Jon_r (has both)
dk
gareth (has both)
Al_G

vs.

eugegall (who like its because it fits in his mrs bag....)
Gaz-m (has both, but who is, by his own admission clumsy....)

how WILL you decide!

You can't go wrong with either I've had both TBH & stuck with the mini after I had issues with loose buttons on the Air

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If you are mainly torn over size, you need to compare them yourself in person. I prefer the air but that's because I only use it at home, if I was out and about the mini would probably be better.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well ended up buying the 16gb mini retina for £279 from tesco, decided against a tax free one incase of problems.

What's a iPad 2 16gb 3g(orange) worth?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm in Germany, can buy anything tax free over here, but it would come with German plug, warranty etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It wouldn't make a difference, EU warranty is the same and the charger just needs a figure of 8 lead/adaptor to work

Clio 172
I needed an iPad for work, travel to London and to different universities regularly with my job and the iPad Mini with ret was my choice because it fits in my laptop bag better and it's big enough to not miss the other inch over the Air.

If it was mainly used at home, I would get the Air.

Jack

dk

911 GTS Cab
I needed an iPad for work, travel to London and to different universities regularly with my job and the iPad Mini with ret was my choice because it fits in my laptop bag better and it's big enough to not miss the other inch over the Air.

If it was mainly used at home, I would get the Air.

Jack
its more like 2 inches though.

i use my iPad air for lots of travel, into and around london, on the plane etc, its never been too big. its lighter and smaller than the old iPad while keeping the same screen size, its pretty much the perfect size device.

Clio 172
its more like 2 inches though.

i use my iPad air for lots of travel, into and around london, on the plane etc, its never been too big. its lighter and smaller than the old iPad while keeping the same screen size, its pretty much the perfect size device.

Its a 1.8 inch difference diagonal I believe. So yes, closer to 2", I stand corrected! :p still think the mini is the better size for travel though, you can hold it in one hand and it packs away into my man bag no problem! Haha. Each to their own though, I used them both and even considered the nexus range so didn't just buy the first one I found!
Jack