ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Honda. Tesla Someday
Re: iPhone "must have" apps

Pretty late to reply to this I know. But I use 1337pwn to see what my friends are up to on XBL, but you cant send messages. However there is another app called Raptr that lets you see your XBL friends, what they're doing and send them messages. Theres a version for Windows as well, fun for spamming your friend's inbox's ;) Works with PSN and Steam also

raptr-iphone-app-1.jpg

I downloaded Raptr a couple of weeks back and its great!!! I use it for the 360 :)

Cupra

anyone got/used those apps to power on your laptop/pc/mac remotely (when on the same network), any good?

The laptop needs to be connected to the router though, not on wifi and WOL needs to be enabled on the laptop..

Teamviewer is a good free option. You don't need to be on the same network either as it goes through the internet.

Mk2 Golf GTI

PasteBot is very good

http://tapbots.com/software/pastebot/

Gives you a lot more control over copy and paste by automatically loading things copied into a clipboard so you can choose what you want to paste and when etc.

Highly recommended

They've got a new twitter client too, tweetbot.

Pretty late to reply to this I know. But I use 1337pwn to see what my friends are up to on XBL, but you cant send messages. However there is another app called Raptr that lets you see your XBL friends, what they're doing and send them messages. Theres a version for Windows as well, fun for spamming your friend's inbox's ;) Works with PSN and Steam also

imagey removey

I used to use friendz when I had an xbox, pretty good it was too.

1.8 Civic EX

found one that does exactly what I need! Might be usefull to some of you, I've enabled WOL (Wake-on-Lan) from the laptop BIOS and installed some software on the laptop to "pair" with the app,

The laptop is completely switched off and closed on the shelf, ethernet cable to the router, and I can now turn the laptop on and off, reboot, sleep, hibernate from the App called Power Manager.

The description in the app store is all in japanese or something but the menus in the app etc are all english and it works a treat :)

Combined with putting iTunes in the start-up menu, connecting the laptop to the TV via the AV Reciever, the Remote App for itunes and Touch Mouse for controlling the mouse and using as a keyboard....perfect!

Cupra
Re: iPad "Must Have" Apps

Asphalt 6 was only €0.79. Great game.

Flipboard for flickr, Facebook, twitter and news feeds all in one app.

Pinball HD - another cheap gaming fix

Dropbox - great way of getting documents, photos and books on the iPad in bulk.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Autograph is free just now. It allows you to digitally sign documents and emails. Its very accurate as well. Not like trying to sign the small screens couriers have. Might be of some use to folk on here who use their iPads for work.

Qwiki - so so good, spent hours on this already learning about stuff I never even knew I wanted to know about, brilliant.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

Qwiki - so so good, spent hours on this already learning about stuff I never even knew I wanted to know about, brilliant.

Great app, I downloaded after reading your post and lost a couple hours on it. They have near on everything on it. Amazingly good considering it's free

Ibiza FR

This app has just convinced me to order an iPad - wow, didn't realise how capable these things were! Offers everything I use Photoshop for!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 8 Jap Crap

Download the high noon game

Too bloody addictive. Gunslingin yo

1.8 Civic EX

Just noticed for any of you that use Top Cash Back you can actually get 4% cashback on all itunes purchases, this includes apps too. Just thought I'd share. It's not a massive ammount (2p back on 59p apps for example) but better than nothing.

If you get the Top Cash Back app for the phone, click the link it opens the app store as normal and just buy your apps as you normally would.

Instapaper is possibly the best app ever.

Especially with the javascript save buttons on your browser. Superb.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468

i dont want to search through 112 pages

Harrys laptimer Pro - awesome bit of app.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

If your into your music creation / producing, Propellerheads - Rebirth and Nanostudio are good pieces of kit. iDJ from Numark is very good, seamless mixing by itself.

1.8 Civic EX

Freindly for facebook seems to work rather well, not sure if it's already mentioned in here though as most of this thread is people posting on the wrong one lol

1.8 Civic EX

Zite is very good. It's like a magazine where you select what you are interested in and it creates a "page" of articles using reports etc from various other websites, plus it's free which is always good.

Dropbox is also kinda cool. Not sure when/why I would use it yet or even how secure it is but works well.

Cupra

Dropbox is handy for getting e-books, presentations or photos on your iPad when you can't use iTunes. There has been some things in the news recently about the security of it, but I don't use it for confidential documents so am not too worried.

Inferno 182 CUP

Just downloaded TrueLad and sat at the Fire Service Headquarters reading some of the stories until i read some of the most innapproptiate smut ever.

Im sitting about 5 metres from the chief and the dep chief etc and i just let out the longest dirtiest laugh ever! Bright red and even when asked i couldnt stop it.

Think im going to be summoned into a quiet room soon! Oops lmfao!

So yeah download truelad