ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 6.1 is out, Now 6.1.3

SQ5
iOS 6.1 is out

The lock screen iPod GUI for iPhone has all changed too.

hudyqy7e.jpg

Ph2 172
Re: iOS 6.1 is out

Has anyone had any problems with 3G since update?

My 4S seems to have very intermittent data since update. It shows 3G just as it usually would, but often sits there as if it has no real coverage, then suddenly springs into life.

Rav4

My proximity sensor appears to not be working properly on my 4, since iOS 6.x, this update did not fix it. Strangely enough, turning off FaceTime resolves the issue.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

IOS 6.1 plagued by battery life and signal problems.

I thought my iPhone 4 was dying, turns out it's the software.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I've read threads and news articles on the 4, 4s and 5 with all three having issues apparently.

Bus w**ker

LOL

Anyway, I've not noticed any problems on my 4. Battery life is s**t but the phones old and I'm running jailbroke again so I've spent days f**king about with different apps/settings (worst offender was Auxo, looks pretty but destroys battery life and is a huge resource hog).

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Why is it Apple cannot get iOS updates right? Not an anti-fan boy kicking but a genuine question?

Battery life and signal are two very important areas for most smart phone users so why dont they beta test thoroughly before final release?

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I agree, pretty much every major update I've installed had been plagued with faults. Shirley Apple could wait a little longer and iron out all of the bugs before release?

Bus w**ker

Why is it Apple cannot get iOS updates right? Not an anti-fan boy kicking but a genuine question?

Battery life and signal are two very important areas for most smart phone users so why dont they beta test thoroughly before final release?

No clue, if I had to guess I'd say that they're either unable or unwilling to test every variation of model, carrier, firmware etc of device available or they just aren't doing proper testing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

But its obviously not a carrier specific issue is it? I understand how the various network operating range can effect the devices battery but Apple force their methodology on others not the other way so im honestly confused as to why this keeps happening.

I really hate Apple now since discovering Android JB and again I'm not trolling as I can't bare to get rid of my iPad either but its stupid things like this that killed other giants and Android/Windows is catching up (and surpassing iOS in s I me areas).

Ph2 172

I wish I hadn't bothered!! As i posted on the first page, i've had the 3G issues - on the plus side, it is nice to know that it is a known issue - I just want them to pull their fingers out and fix it. It does seem like it's somehow linked to carriers though, as it's only some carriers that seem to be issuing the warning.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i didn't upgrade as there was nothing in the upgrade to benefit me, and I'm glad i didn't.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: iOS 6.1 is out, Now 6.1.1 (4S only)

Up graded and not noticed anything? Will get 6.1.1 at weekend.

Ph2 172

I did the 6.1.1 upgrade this evening, will find out during the day tomorrow if it's improved anything.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

6.1.2 now out, more bug fixes.
iOS 6.1.2 has been released by Apple. The minor update to iOS includes a resolution for a battery drain bug that impacted users of Exchange servers which also caused excessive data usage, and presumably also fixes the passcode bypass bug that exists in prior iOS 6 versions, though that has yet to be confirmed. The brief release notes mention only this for the 6.1.2 update:
Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.
Users of Microsoft Exchange who experienced the excessive data use and battery life problems should be the first to update, but anyone troubled by the potential of someone bypassing the lock screen should also update soon. If neither of these apply to you, it’s still good maintenance policy to stay current with OS updates.
iOS 6.1.2 is available for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad 2, iPad Mini, and iPod touch 4th and 5th generations.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

won't let me install 6.1.2, i keep getting an error.

Focus RS, 182 gone
Re: iOS 6.1 is out, Now 6.1.12

A little off topic, but what's the best software to convert video To .mp4?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

Turn your phone off and on again, and failing that, plug it in.

I just left it for an hour, ironically after making that post it worked, i tried it again to get a screen shot and it went straight through.

And handbrake +1 for the converter

dk

911 GTS Cab

A little off topic, but what's the best software to convert video To .mp4?
Don't waste time doing it, spend a couple of quid on avplayerhd and you can just transfer avi and mkv, even has a built in wireless transfer client so you don't even need iTunes.

Re: iOS 6.1 is out, Now 6.1.2

Quick question, I'm on 5.0.1 are there any unlocks from 5.0.1 to 6.1 without one of those genvey sims? I have searched but can't find any.

2002 Clio 172
Re: iOS 6.1 is out, Now 6.1.2

Hi guys,

I updated to 6.1.2 yesterday and it has screwed up the battery life. It was previously lasting 2 days per full charge with pretty heavy use (Internet use at least) and now lasts about 6-7 hours with next to no use!

I went into an Apple store and they suggested I back it up to my pc (had never done this before) and then restore it again. I did this but it made no difference. It has gone from 100% to fully flat 3 times already (currently burning through the 4th charge) and it hasn't improved at all! Also now it tends to feel a bit warm all the time now, as if the processor is constantly maxed out or something!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

dk

911 GTS Cab
Does it have any benefits other than breaking more s**t? I'm still running 6.0.1 which is fine.