ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 6.0.1 is out

Tesla MP3 2021
One day before the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, Apple has just released iOS 6.0.1. The update had been reported to be in carrier testing two weeks ago.This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

ios_6_0_1_itunes.png

iPhone 5 users updating from their devices are required to first install an "updater" application to fix a bug that would otherwise prevent over-the-air updates. Once the updater has been applied users can download iOS 6.0.1 from their devices.

ios601.jpg

SQ5
Why do I need to plug my 5 into a PC/Mac, what a load of s**t.

iOS 5 was meant to eradicate that so people with iOS devices didn't need a PC.

AK

M240i
Apparently you don't?!

iPhone 5 users updating from their devices are required to first install an "updater" application to fix a bug that would otherwise prevent over-the-air updates. Once the updater has been applied users can download iOS 6.0.1 from their devices.

133/225/CLS AMG
Currently updating my 4 and 5. Only thing is that it's currently showing it'll take 3 hours on my Mac!!

Guessing everyone else is doing the same haha.

133/225/CLS AMG
Strangely the download via iTunes is now saying 80 minutes but my 4 which is just going via wi-fi it seems to be a lot quicker.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well that would explain that then, it's only just finished.

How come the size difference going direct via the device compared to via iTunes?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Via iTunes it downloads the whole thing I think but ota just downloads the updates.

took about 5 mins for each of my ipad3 and iPhone 5 to update.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Finally updated to iOS6, seems nice, but sluggish on my 4.

I think I need to do a restore, as I also have 3GB of 'other' storage.

Six runs smoothly on my 4, Deeg. Or rather certainly not noticeably sluggish compared to previous OS versions - I'm sure a 4S or 5 are quicker.

Defo reinstall.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping this update has sorted out the keyboard shortcuts bug I kept getting.