ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet radio/Audio Streaming

A4 Avant & A3
Hi All,
I'm just looking into getting a new iPod speaker dock & possibly a new ipod, but not sure what to go for.
At present i have an aging 20gb ipod (not even a colour screen on the thing! i think it's a 2G one) which sits in a small Dab radio ipod dock (essentially a bedside clock radio)
Now i'm after something with good sound quality & not too big, having borrowed a mates Klipsch ipod dock a while back, for the price i was thinking of going with that, well i different model but the same make, so i hope the sound will be of similar quality.

Now the only problem is i do use the dab radio function quite a bit, which the Klipsch dock doesn't have.
So i'm wondering whether buy buying a iPod Touch & using WiFi can it then stream radio to play around my house through the dock??
Or will the sound quality be pretty poor?

By the way, i'm not too keen on any of the iPod docks with dab built in, but i may have missed a decent one.

Citroen DS3 White
I use ooTunes which is a pretty good radio streaming app, there are usually a few feeds at different bitrates. Not tried it on a dock for sound quality though.

Very handy when youre overseas as you can stream BBC Radio which is what I mostly uise it for.