ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet connection HELP!

Bumder With A Buffer
Ok so for as long as i can rember my internet keeps logging itself off randomly whilst im in the middle of stuff. Sometimes it won't do it at all and others it goes off every couple of minutes. I've tried running for viruses but nothing is found. Anyone got any ideas?? Would be most appreciated

Richy

not tiscali is it?

i had this problem, and it was actually the modem that was booting me off every so often, so i unistalled it, and reprogrammed a BT modem to work with tiscali BB. works fine now!

Not a Clio
is that by choice or is that all you can get there?

Possible causes of disconnections:

Telephone extension cable, splitters etc (try unplugging them)
make sure your modem cable and any extensions are not wrapped around power cables
Try another modem cable
Check your inactivity time out in your browser
Check your ISP forced time out! (i think most are about 2 hours?)

Megane Mk4
Is someone picking up the phone? .. that sometimes cuts net connections in a dial-up.. especially when they dial .... the tones interupt the data stream

Bumder With A Buffer
Yes i have running water! All the things mentioned above iv'e checked already. I think it's called having a crap computer