ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet connect...but no web page?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've just been trying to set a wireless network up round the GF's house, i've got the wireless modem saying it's connected with full strength signal, but it won't open any web pages??

Any ideas what i can do?

Cheers!

R26
Dont you have to click on the wirless thing by the clock and connect your wireless card to the router. I had to do this when I first had mine and now it works fine.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Is there internet connectivity from the wireless router ? have you configured DNS servers in the wireless routers DHCP server ?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Yeah there's connectivity, full wireless signal, and on the belkin set up screen it says Connection status: Connected (in green)

I've set all the DNS servers up as well, all firewalls are closed a well

:S

Mk4 .:R32
you need to IP address. type that into the address bar and it will come up with the wireless page so you can connect the router to the internet

Last edited:
  Mk4 .:R32
you need to IP address. type that into the address bar and it will come up with the wireless page so you can connect the router to the internet

I've done that and it says connected

I'd disconnect and try again. Or maybe restart your comp. Mine is tempremental, sometimes it decides it doesn't want to work. Generally works after rebooting.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
yeah i've got the same at mine at is tempremental, but tried all the turning off/on again and still the same lol

A4 Avant
You may be connected to the router, but is the router connected to the internet?

Access the routers setting menu using a browser window and see what the status of the internet conection is.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
As far as i know yeah, the light on the router for internet connection is on, and when i go the the routers setting it says connected, must be something so stupid!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
open internet explorer, tool, internet options, connections, lan settings and make sure nothing it ticked in there, including automaticaly detect settings.

F1 - R26
Open a command promp and type ipconfig
Make sure your router is giving you an ip address starting with 192.xxx.xxx.xxx
Normally something like 192.168.0.1

172 Cup SOLD
Have you got the router working with the network cable plugged directly into it? This would be the first thing i'd do.

Then once that done, plug in your wireless adaptor/card make sure the network cable is removed as well as having that plugged in as well as a wireless connection usually affects your connection.

Go to Control Panel, Network Connections, right-click on the wireless network, click properties, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then select properties, you may need to manually input an IP address, and subnet mask (subnet mask will prob be 255.255.255.0)