ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internal and External lights dim when....

I have my system up full is this a call for a new battery an optima one or something?

Do you just replace the standard battery with say an optima one or do you have two batterys running?:confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

a new battery may help a second battery would be better

a cap may help

A cap will help up to a point but you are much better going for either an upgraded battery or a second one. The Optima red top is the proper starter battery but the Yellow top will do the job and is more suitable for Car Audio as it is deep cycle. If you need a price for the Optimas we do them.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

well a battery is only good when your running your stereo when you have the igntion turned off,

its a well know fact a battery is used for starting a car and as soon as your car has started then the alternator supplies the power to the car not the battery, the battery then is used for "power surges" e.g. wipers lights,

so effectivley your stereo can only pull so much power from the alternator before it drains power from battery, hence the bigger the alternator the less chance of your lights dimming, look in any decent ice car and u will see a uprated alternator, the extra batterys are effectivley like power caps, they just stop your car dying when u suddenly pull extra 40amps from a bass note,

dont get me wrong upgrading your battery will help but u should look into your alternator for a better constant power supply

Tom

Nissan R35 GT-R

Are you running an amplifier? If so you may need to consider a thicker power cable. Think of it as a garden hose. A really thin hose would take you all day to rinse your car with because of pressure. Well its the same with power cables. More current (the electrical water) can flow.

A power capacitor WILL help as they store charge then discharge really quickly. They will store power when the system is not needing it, then when it does, it comes from the power cap before anything else.

Also if you uprate your battery, you will need a bigger alternator too as this is where the juice comes from when the car is running. Only when the ignition is off will the battery be used as a power source.