ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Xenon Failure

Volvo S40
Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my headlights. Before Xmas the nearside failed and yesterday the offside failed. Switching lights on/off had no effect but when left overnight both times they started working fine again the next day. Both times the failure has happened the weather has been very wet although I can't see any water ingress in to any part of the light.

Had a quick search - is this likely to be dodgy ballasts/igniters on both sides? Are these separate parts? I'm not too clued up on the workings of Xenons.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Clio 182
Sounds like water getting into ballasts, u had lights off the car when checking them? - if theres any moisutre in ballast then dry them off and once screwed back in use some silicone around the joint. If your lucky youll catch them before they blow ;)

Volvo S40
Thanks for the replies. Nope not had the lights off the car yet, ironically haven't really had a dry day to do it!