ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Starting Issue

172 Cup
Afternoon Guys
Can't really find anything with a search on this

When i turn the key the starter motor engages and it turns once or twice but then just before the car starts it just stops
I wouldn't say the starter dies off, it just stops and i get a slight buzzing which i'm fairly certain is under the dash
I don't think its the immobilizer as the light turns off as normal
I THINK the dash lights switch off and on after not starting but i cant be sure

This usually happens when i haven't used the car for a few days so i haven't bothered with it but today it happened twice while out shopping
The first time it happened today i just left the car for a second and tried again and it fired up, the second time it needed a bumpstart and it then ran fine.
It is usually a bit hesitant when its cold out and when the car is stone cold
No running issues or misfires etc, runs fine once bump started

I put the battery on charge the other night but it said it was fully charged straight away (its a halfords one) could be a few years old now
Reckon it could need a new one?

Any help is much appreciated!
Rob

Listerine & Poledo
might be battery, yeah, it should be 100% charged immediately.

Take more notice of the dash lights and report back with what they are actually doing, they might point some of CS's more technical types to a possible answer

172 Cup
might be battery, yeah, it should be 100% charged immediately.

Take more notice of the dash lights and report back with what they are actually doing, they might point some of CS's more technical types to a possible answer
Thanks for the reply buddy
in all honesty i don't think the dash light do anything out of the ordinary, i wish i could re create the issue now!

I could do with cleaning up the battery earth really, ill give that a shot when the weather brightens up

not really sure where to start as it doesn't seem like your generic crank sensor or battery just generally struggling etc.

thanks for for your help buddy