ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Misfire

Focus rs
Guys story goes like this. Car was running a bit rough when I picked it up. Done a search and saw that injectors were very common. So checked all 4 and found that Cylinder 4 Injector the actual plug had come away from the injector body. So replaced that and all seemed ok for a while. Now when the engine gets hot ie sat in traffic for long periods or if I use the car park it up for ten mins and go back out to it, it will misfire and run lumpy. I managed to catch it running lumpy yesterday and started unplugging the injectors one at a time and it was cylinder 4 again causing the problems. I have a set of good second hand injectors at home that I will check later if it cures the issue. but my questions is more related to the wiring. Could it be that when the loom is getting hot it is causing the issue as it will clear itself when you start moving again and are no longer stationary.

Any help is always appreciated.