ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent flashing engine man light

Clio GT 120 EDC
Wonder if anyone could shed some light on this issue:

I have a 04 reg 182 and on sunday when i was waiting to get out of the field carpark at thruxton then engine management light started flashing and for only about 5 seconds, so turned the car off and back on again and it never came back on and the car was running fine.

Driving to work this morning and it done the same thing but before i could pull over to re-start the car and it went out.

I have had no loss in power and i have not change petrol stations,just seems very strange.

Thanks in advance

Dee

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Try giving the crank sensor a clean and clean the plug to it with some contact cleaner, worked on mine (it above the gerbox, you'll need to remove the airbox)

If this doesn't work you might need a new sensor

Clio GT 120 EDC
Ok cool thank you...gonna be cheaper then the dealer as they want £80.50 for just to run a short test.

RS RIP
can also be a lambda - sensor , probably only doing this when cold ? Second lambda sends signal that the cat is not up to nick . This may happen when cat is cold because it does'nt work when cold. Has to be hot to be able to extrude the harmfull gasses

Clio GT 120 EDC
The only 2 times its happend is when the vehicle is cold....ill i have to replace that sensor then??

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
The fault I get will come up when the car is idling and has just been started (>10 min)

The ecu fault that was logged was cyl. misfire detected, cleaned tdc (crank) sensor and was fine.

The lambda sensor as mentioned by franx could be a cause but from what I've read it brings up a constant engine managment light on dash (not flahing one)

Anybody feel free to correct me on this though

Probably a long shot but it's the cheaper alternative than paying for it to be plugged in on a diagnostic machine but have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10-20 minutes to reset the ECU?

Clio GT 120 EDC
Before i went home last night from work i got one of the techs to have a look at her and printed off all your info.

He cleaned the crank sensor and plug as noted and disconnected the batttery and re-set ECU and she seems to be fine now.

Thank you very much guys:star::star:

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Mine does this every now and again - has anyone a pic of the crank sensor?

Thanks

26062008206.jpg