ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior trim removal

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
How easy is it to remove the interior trim? Was thinking of giving it a wrap for a change of scenery but don't want to fly in with brute force and ignorance and make a complete hash of it. Any special techniques?
Cheers
dre

Clio sport 172
use a thin screw driver/trim removal tool, time and patients! Once you've undone a few clips you may be able to use your hands.

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Thanks pal. Mate of mine said about a spoon and a
dishcloth to protect it. Gonna have a little go later on.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You mean the dash strips etc? They just pull off, no tools needed should take around half a second :)

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
You mean the dash strips etc? They just pull off, no tools needed should take around half a second :)

Yes that's it mate. Didn't know how sturdy the clips were. Knowing my luck if pull it off, break the clips and not be able to get itv back on again. Gotta clean out the temp sensor fan to stop that annoying buzzing but again I don't just wanna rush in and end up breaking stuff.

Open glove box pull from bottom of the strip, pop off.

Drivers side, go from the top right corner of the strip by the steering wheel pull and it will pop off.

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Cheers guys. Just waiting for the vinyl to arrive and I'll give it a bash. I'll throw the pics up on here when done to see what you all think.