ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior removal on a 172

Can you remove the glovebox without removing the whole of the dash as well?

How do you remove the seats?

How do you remove the plastic trims on the sills?

If Haynes made a manual for the 172 I wouldnt keep asking all these questions!

right

seats

front = 4 bolts underneath car, protected by rubber stoppers

rear = remove luggage raid (2 bolts) then remove bolt in middle of rear seats, slide forward, lift and remove

plastic trim = give it a good tug

Clio 172 Ph2

Youll need to disconnect the airbag cables too from the front seats if you actually want to remove them and I think you need to disconnect that battery for about half hour before you can do that.

If youre just running cables down, you dont need to take them right out, just shift them into the middle of the car one at a time.

Quote: Originally posted by RB_172 on 16 October 2003
I think you need to disconnect that battery for about half hour before you can do that.

nope, not neccessary

i didnt when i removed mine, airbag was fine

The plastic trim on the sills just unclips when you pull it away - but you have to remove the door rubber at the bottom of the door as it holds the trim in place as well.

The glovebox is part of the dash so wont come away on its own.

Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 16 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by RB_172 on 16 October 2003

I think you need to disconnect that battery for about half hour before you can do that.

nope, not neccessary

i didnt when i removed mine, airbag was fine
Maybe I was over cautious! I think Id just read it somewhere that to do stuff with the front ones youd need to kill the power. I assumed it would be the same for the sides.

Thanks for the heads up... Ive got to remove some more seats in the near future.