ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior light wires

Clio Sport 182
hi fitting a clifford alarm to clio 182 anyone no which wires to put the interior light connection to ? as it has a delay on it will it need a diode in the wiring as well ? many thanks

172 cup'd extreme
There are 3 wires red black and white, the red is live, black earth and white is power from the UCH which controls the light when you open your car and it dimms etc

Clio Sport 182
thanks mate where will i find this ? at the back of the interior light itself ??

how do u actually attach onto existing wires? take a strip of the plastic off and wrap your wire round and tape it up?

LY 182
how do u actually attach onto existing wires? take a strip of the plastic off and wrap your wire round and tape it up?
no lol....

no offence but are you up to fitting an alarm??

cut + solder is the only non bodge way or you can use scotch locks thats what alarm installers do but as a rule crimp connecters are bodge imo and look messy/chunky

no lol....

no offence but are you up to fitting an alarm??

cut + solder is the only non bodge way or you can use scotch locks thats what alarm installers do but as a rule crimp connecters are bodge imo and look messy/chunky
Scotch blocks! Eeeeeek!! :quiet::nono:
Suppose they are better than wrapping the wire and taping it up though. :rolleyes:

Solder and heatshrink is the only way I'd ever do it.

no mate, im jus wiring some neons up to the interior light so they come on and off when the doors are opened and closed. i dont know how to connect on to the exisiting wires so i need a bit of advice please.

might be chavvy or wateva u think but i just want some advise. regards