ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior door handles refurb

clio 172 phs 1
I started a thread in the interior section about the interior handles on Phs 1 172's going grubby,they don't clean up to well either so i've decided to refurb them and thought i'd share it with you all for anyone wanting to do likewise.

They are really easy to remove from the car....Pop the screw grommit off and remove the 1 T20 screw holding them on,disconnect the window switches and electric mirror switch on the drivers one. Once removed pop out the switches using a flat blade screwdriver and your left with this.....

handles002.jpg

handles003.jpg

As you can see the reason they feel sticky to the touch is the lacquer has started to peel off which also makes them look dirty.

So on to the refurb

I've decided to do one at a time incase i need to improve my technique!

I spent an hour this morning rubbing the driver side handle down.

handles008.jpg

Next step is to smooth it off and clean ready for primer....

I will update soon!

clio 172 phs 1
Ok so i painted my handles today.....I had some BMW Artic Silver left from my alloy wheel refurb so i used this,it's a shade darker but i'm happy with the result.....not sure whether to go buy lacquer to apply or not. Anyway here you go

Uploaded with ImageShack.us